Motorola VT1000 User Manual

Page 34

Advertising
background image

License

Q

Can I play on-line games through my Motorola voice terminal?

A

By default, the Motorola voice terminal blocks all unsolicited messages to your computer or home network as a standard security measure.
However, for online games that require some unsolicited messages to be transmitted through the Motorola voice terminal, you can specify
ports and IP addresses on which to allow unsolicited messages. The Motorola voice terminal enables you to set up virtual servers or a

DMZ

Q

How do I configure my Motorola voice terminal?

A

Most users who perform the appropriate

Installation

procedure can send and receive calls with no additional configuration! If configuration is

required, there is a graphical user interface (GUI). For information about getting started, see “

Basic Configuration

” on page 19. You may need

to connect a computer as described in “

Connecting a Computer to Display the Configuration Pages

” on page 18. Alternately, you can

configure your computer statically to 192.169.102.xxx (xxx is from 2 to 254), subnet 255.255.255.0, and default gateway 192.168.102.1.

Q

Do I need a router to benefit from the Motorola voice terminal and simultaneously surf the Internet?

A

You can use the Motorola voice terminal with or without a home router or wireless access point. It provides the routing functions necessary for
general Internet use, like Network Address Port Translation (NAPT), virtual servers, DMZ, and stealth mode operation.

Q

When is a separate router recommended?

A

The Motorola voice terminal supports most routing functionality you are likely to need. If you want a firewall, RIP, parental control, port
triggers, or advanced ALGs such as RSVP, POP3, SNMP, or streaming media, purchase a separate router, such as the Motorola

BR700

or

WR850G

Advertising