Format, System setting – Samsung HMX-R10SN User Manual
Touch the Menu (
) Setting ( ) tab “Format.”
• A message appears asking about formatting the
• The format is executed with a message.
• Do not format the storage media on a PC or other device.
Make sure to format the storage media on this camcorder.
• Format the memory card in the following cases:
- before using a new memory card
- a memory card formatted/recorded on other devices
- when this camcorder cannot read the memory card
• A memory card with the protection tab set to lock will not be formatted. page 38
• If there is no storage media inserted, it can not be selected. Then it will be dimmed on the
• Do not remove the recording medium or perform any other operation (such as turning
off the power) during formatting. Also, be sure to use the provided AC adapter, as the
recording medium may be corrupted if the battery becomes exhausted during formatting.
• If the recording medium becomes corrupted, format it again.
Use this function if you want to delete all files completely or to correct problems on the storage
You can completely delete all files and options on the storage media, including protected files. This
enables stable speeds and operation when accessing the recording medium.
Be aware that all files and data including protected files will be erased.
Format the Card?
All Files will be deleted.