Canon EOS D30 User Manual
• Do not use substances containing alcohol, benzene, thinners or other flammable
substances to clean or maintain the equipment. The use of these substances may lead to
• Do not cut, damage, alter or place heavy items on the power adapter cord. Any of these
actions may cause an electrical short circuit, which may lead to fire or electrical shock.
Replace a broken or damaged power adapter cord.
• Do not handle the power cord if your hands are wet. Handling it with wet hands may lead
to electrical shock. When unplugging the cord, ensure that you hold the rigid portion of
the plug. Pulling the flexible portion of the cord may damage or expose the wire and
insulation, creating the potential for fires or electrical shocks.
• Use of power sources not expressly recommended for this equipment may lead to
overheating, distortion of the equipment, fire, electrical shock or other hazards. Use only
the recommended power accessories.
• Power down the computer and unplug the power cord before attempting to connect the
interface cable, to avoid the risk of electrical shock.
• Do not place the batteries near a heat source or expose them to direct flame or heat.
Neither should you immerse them in water. Such exposure may damage the batteries and
lead to the leakage of corrosive liquids, fire, electrical shock, explosion or serious injury.
• Do not attempt to disassemble, alter, or apply heat to the batteries. There is serious risk
of injury due to an explosion. Immediately flush with water any area of the body, including
the eyes and mouth, or clothing, that comes into contact with the inner contents of a
battery. If the eyes or mouth contact these substances, immediately flush with water and
seek medical assistance.
• Avoid dropping or subjecting the batteries to severe impacts that could damage the
casings. This could lead to leakage and injury.
• Do not short-circuit the battery terminals with metallic objects, such as key holders. This
could lead to overheating, burns and other injuries. Use the supplied battery case to
transport or store the battery pack.
• Before you discard a battery, cover the terminals with tape or other insulators to prevent
direct contact with other objects. Contact with the metallic components of other materials
in waste containers may lead to fire or explosions. Discard batteries in specialized waste
facilities if available in your area.
• Use of batteries not expressly recommended for this equipment may cause explosions or
leaks, resulting in fire, injury and damage to the surroundings. Use only recommended
batteries and accessories.
• Use only the recommended compact power adapter to charge the Battery Pack BP-511
rechargeable batteries. Use of chargers not expressly recommended may result in
overheating, distortion, fire or electrical shock.
• Disconnect the compact power adapter from both the camera and electrical outlet after
recharging and when the camera is not in use to avoid fires and other hazards.
• The camera terminal of the compact power cord is designed for exclusive use with the
EOS D30. Do not use it with other products or batteries. There is a risk of fire and other