The battery, A 161), bef, A 161) – Nikon S70 User Manual
Caring for the Camera
• Check the battery level before using the camera and replace or charge the battery if necessary. Do
not continue charging once the battery is fully charged as this will result in reduced battery
performance. Whenever possible, carry a fully charged spare battery when taking pictures on
• Do not use the battery at ambient temperatures below 0 °C (32 °F) or above 40 °C (104 °F).
• Charge the battery indoors with an ambient temperature of 5 °C to 35 °C (41 °F to 95 °F) before
• When charging the COOLPIX S70 using the Charging AC adapter EH-68P or a computer, the
charge capacity may decrease at ambient temperatures 45 °C to 60 °C (113 °F to 140 °F).
• The battery is not charged at ambient temperatures below 0 °C (32 °F) or above 60 °C (140 °F).
• Note that the battery may become hot during use; wait for the battery to cool before charging.
Failure to observe these precautions could damage the battery, impair its performance or prevent
it from charging normally.
• On cold days, the capacity of batteries tends to decrease. Be sure that the battery is fully charged
before heading outside to take pictures in cold weather. Keep spare batteries in a warm place and
exchange as necessary. Once warmed, a cold battery may recover some of its charge.
• Dirt on the battery terminals can prevent the camera from functioning. Should the battery
terminals become dirty, wipe them off with a clean, dry cloth before use.
• If the battery will not be used for some time, insert it in the camera and run it flat before removing
it for storage. The battery should be stored in a cool location with an ambient temperature of 15 to
25 °C (59 to 77 °F). Do not store the battery in hot or extremely cold locations.
• Always remove the battery from the camera or Charging AC Adapter when it is not being used.
When inserted, minute amounts of current are drawn from the battery even when not in use. This
may result in excessive draining of the battery and complete loss of function. Turning the camera
on or off while the battery is exhausted can result in reduced battery life.
• Recharge the battery at least once every six months and completely exhaust it before returning it
• After removing the battery from the camera or Charging AC Adapter, replace the supplied
terminal cover and store in a cool place.
• A marked drop in the time a fully-charged battery retains its charge, when used at room
temperature, indicates that the battery needs to be replaced. Purchase a new EN-EL12 battery.
• Replace the battery when it no longer holds a charge. Used batteries are a valuable resource.
Please recycle used batteries in accordance with local regulations.