About your range – Maytag 8113P644-60 User Manual
ABOUT YOUR RANGE
Do not attempt to change the rack position when the
oven is hot.
The oven rack is designed with a safety lock-stop position.
This prevents the rack from accidently coming completely
out of the oven when pulling the rack out to add or remove
To remove oven rack:
1. When rack is cool, pull rack straight out until it stops at
the lock-stop position.
NOTE: If it is necessary to change rack position when
rack is hot, use potholders to protect hands.
2. Tilt the front end of the rack up.
3. Continue pulling rack out of oven.
To replace oven rack:
1. Place rack on the rack supports in oven.
2. Tilt the front end of the rack up slightly.
3. Slide rack back until it clears the lock-stop position.
4. Lower front of rack and slide rack straight back into
5. Pull rack out to the lock-stop position to be sure rack is
correctly replaced. Push rack back into oven and close
For optimum results, air must circulate freely within
the oven and around the food. To help ensure this,
place food in the center of the oven. Allow two
inches between the edge of the pan(s) and the oven
Position the rack so the food is in the center of the
oven. Use either rack position 2 or 3.
RACK 3: Used for baked goods on a cookie sheet or jelly
roll pan, or frozen convenience foods.
RACK 2: Used for most baking, roasting small cuts of
meat, and large casseroles.
RACK 1: Used for roasting large cuts of meat and large
poultry, pies, souffles, or angel food cake.
WARNING: The anti-tip bracket provided with this
range must secure one of the rear leveling legs to the
floor. This bracket prevents the range from accidently
The installer should level the range when it is installed.
If the range is not level, turn the leveling legs, located at
each corner of the range, until range is level. Place level
on an oven rack to determine if range is level.
Cooking results can be affected if the range was not
properly leveled during installation.