Connecting speakers, Connections, 7 connecting a subwoofer – Marantz CR601 User Manual
Page 13: 7 connecting speaker wire, English
MODEL NO. CR601
Before you connect your speakers, read the
• Disconnect the mains cord from the wall outlet.
• Read the instructions supplied with your
• Pay close attention to speaker wiring polarity. In
other words, connect positive
terminals, and negative
terminals only to negative
terminals. If you
get them the wrong way around, the sound will
be out of phase and will sound odd.
• Only use speakers with an impedance of 6 ohms
or higher. If you use speakers with a lower
impedance, and use the amplifier at high volume
levels for a long period of time, the built-in
protection circuit may be activated.
• Unnecessarily long or very thin speaker wires
may affect the sound quality and should be
• Be careful not to short the positive and negative
connections. Doing so may damage the CR601.
• Don’t connect more than one wire to each
speaker terminal. Doing so may damage the
• If you want to connect a single speaker instead
of a pair, connect it to either the left or right
speaker terminals, not both.
7 Connecting a subwoofer
Use the PRE OUT SUBWOOFER jack to connect
a powered subwoofer (the power amplifier is built
in ). If your subwoofer is a passive type (the power
amplifier is not built in), connect a monaural power
amplifier to the PRE OUT SUBWOOFER jack and
connect the subwoofer to the amplifier.
7 Connecting Speaker Wire
Strip away approx. 10
mm (3/8 inch) of wire
ends tight, to
Push the terminal lever in
the direction of the arrow,
and keep this condition.
Insert the bare part of the
wire into the hole in the
side of each terminal.
Put the terminal lever
back, and make sure it is
fastened securely by
pulling the wire lightly.
10 mm (3/8 inch)