For your safety – Iiyama L403W User Manual
FOR YOUR SAFETY
STOP OPERATING THE MONITOR WHEN YOU SENSE TROUBLE
If you notice any abnormal phenomena such as smoke, strange sounds or fumes, unplug the monitor and contact your dealer or iiyama
service center immediately. Further use may be dangerous and can cause fire or electric shock.
NEVER REMOVE THE CABINET
High voltage circuits are inside the monitor. Removing the cabinet may expose you to the danger of fire or electric shock.
DO NOT PUT ANY OBJECT INTO THE MONITOR
Do not put any solid objects or liquids such as water into the monitor. In case of an accident, unplug your monitor immediately and contact your
dealer or iiyama service center. Using the monitor with any object inside may cause fire, electric shock or damage.
INSTALL THE MONITOR ON A FLAT, STABLE SURFACE
The monitor may cause an injury if it falls or is dropped.
DO NOT USE THE MONITOR NEAR WATER
Do not use where water may be splashed or spilt onto the monitor as it may cause fire or electric shock.
OPERATE UNDER THE SPECIFIED POWER SUPPLY
Be sure to operate the monitor only with the specified power supply. Use of an incorrect voltage will cause malfunction and may cause fire
or electric shock.
PROTECT THE CABLES
Do not pull or bend the power cable and signal cable. Do not place the monitor or any other heavy objects on the cables. If damaged, the
cables may cause fire or electric shock.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
It is advisable not to operate the monitor during a heavy thunder storm as the continual breaks in power may cause malfunction. It is also
advised not to touch the plug in these circumstances as it may cause electric shock.
Do not install the monitor where sudden temperature changes may occur, or in humid, dusty or smoky areas as it may cause fire, electric
shock or damage. You should also avoid areas where the sun shines directly on the monitor.
DO NOT PLACE THE MONITOR IN A HAZARDOUS POSITION
The monitor may topple and cause injury if not suitably located. Please also ensure that you do not place any heavy objects on the monitor,
and that all cables are routed such that children may not pull the cables and possibly cause injury.
MAINTAIN GOOD VENTILATION
Ventilation slots are provided to keep the monitor from overheating. Covering the slots may cause fire. To allow adequate air circulation, place
the monitor at least 10 cm (or 4 inches) from any walls.
Ventilation slots on the back of the cabinet will be blocked and the monitor may overheat if the stand is removed. This may cause fire or
damage. Operating the monitor on its back, side, upside down or on a carpet or any other soft material may also cause damage.
DISCONNECT THE CABLES WHEN YOU MOVE THE MONITOR
When you move the monitor, turn off the power switch, unplug the monitor and be sure the signal cable is disconnected. If you do not
disconnect them, it may cause fire or electric shock. It is recommended that two people are used when moving the monitor.
UNPLUG THE MONITOR
If the monitor is not in use for a long period of time it is recommended that it is left unplugged to avoid accidents.
HOLD THE PLUG WHEN DISCONNECTING
To disconnect the power cable or signal cable, always pull it by the plug. Never pull on the cable itself as this may cause fire or electric shock.
DO NOT TOUCH THE PLUG WITH WET HANDS
Pulling or inserting the plug with wet hands may cause electric shock.
DO NOT TURN ON AND OFF THE POWER FREQUENCY
Do not alternate between turning the power ON and OFF frequency as it may cause damage.
DO NOT PUT FLOPPY DISKS NEAR THE SPEAKERS
Magnetically recorded data such as on a floppy disk may become corrupted by the magnetic field generated by the speakers if disks are
placed too near to the speakers.
To eliminate eye fatigue, do not operate the monitor against a bright background or in a dark room. When using the monitor over a prolonged
time, a ten minute break every hour is recommended as looking at the screen continuously can cause eye strain.
FOR YOUR SAFETY 1