AT&T 8110 User Manual

Page 4

background image


Important Safety Instructions


Your 8102 and 8110 Telephones


Installing Your Telephone


Using the Features


Appendix A


Appendix B


Appendix C


Appendix D


FCC Registration and Repair Information


Interference Information


AT&T Warranty Information


Quick Reference Guide


Important Safety Instructions

Only the most careful attention has been devoted to quality standards in
the manufacture of your new telephone. Safety is a major factor in the
design of every set. But, safety is YOUR responsibility too.

Please read carefully the helpful tips listed below and on the next page.
These suggestions will enable you to take fullest advantage of your new
telephone. Then, retain these tips for later use.


When using your telephone equipment, the following safety precautions
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and
injury to persons.

Read and understand all instructions.

Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the telephone.

This telephone can be hazardous if immersed in water. To avoid the
possibility of electric shock, do not use when you are wet. If you
accidentally drop it into water, do not retrieve it until you have first
unplugged the line cord (and adjunct power cord, if necessary) from
the modular wall jack. Do not plug the telephone back in until it has
dried thoroughly.

Avoid using the telephone during electrical storms in your immediate
area. There is a remote risk of electric shock from lightning. Urgent
calls should be brief. Even though protective measures may have
been installed to limit electrical surges from entering your home or
business, absolute protection from lightning is impossible.

If you suspect a natural gas leak, report it immediately, but use a
telephone away from the area in question. The telephone's electrical
contacts could generate a tiny spark. While unlikely, it is possible
that this spark could ignite heavy concentrations of gas.

Never push objects of any kind into the telephone through housing
slots since they may touch hazardous voltage points or short out
parts that could result in a risk of electric shock. Never spill liquid of
any kind on the telephone. If liquid is spilled, however, refer servicing
to proper service personnel.

To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this
telephone. There are no user serviceable parts inside. Opening or
removing covers may expose you to hazardous voltages. Incorrect
reassembly can cause electric shock when the telephone is
subsequently used. If your telephone does not work properly, refer
to the information on the next page which describes how to get
service for your telephone.


This manual is related to the following products: