Night Guard Home Surveillance System RSTKE-900 User Manual
TO REMOTE START THE VEHICLE:
When you want to start your vehicle,
button once on the transmitter.
2. The parking lights will activate to indicate the remote start received
3. The engine will start in approximately 5 seconds.
4. Once the engine is running and after couple seconds the parking
lights will turn on again and climate controls will activate and adjust the
vehicles interior temperature to your preset setting. (While the vehicle is
running, the “minutes” digit on the LCD screen will flash and will indicate
a count down timer based on the 5, 10, 20 or 30 minute run time set up
by your installation center.)
5. The vehicle will run for 5 to 30 minute cycle and automatically shut
down. (When the unit shuts off the count down timer will turn off and the
transmitter will play a melody sound.)
NOT E: The Remote Start Unit will not start the vehicle if any one of the
following conditions exists:
1. The hood is opened.
2. The brake pedal is pressed.
3. The remote start enable toggle switch is in the OFF position. (If
4. The gear selector is in any gear other then “PARK” or “NEUTRAL”
SAFE START (Child safety mode)
The factory default setting to start the vehicle is to press the
ONCE on the transmitter. Programming this feature to eliminate an
accidental remote start operation,
1. The user must press the transmitter
button twice within 3
seconds to start the vehicle. or
2. The user must press the transmitter
buttons at the same
time to start the vehicle.
TO OPERATE THE VEHICLE WHILE RUNNING ON THE REMOTE
To operate the vehicle while the engine is running on the remote start:
1. Ins ert the ignition key and turn it to “ON” (not the start) position.
2. Press the brake pedal.
Note: If the brake pedal is pressed before the key is in the ON position,
the engine will shut down.
TEMPORARY STOP FEATURE: