Tweco 7-3437 User Manual
General information, Parts supplied, Installation
© 1998 Thermal Dynamics Corp., Printed in USA
Installation Instructions 12/7/00
This Replacement Torch Adapter Kit is to be used to connect the Thermal Dynamics Plasma RPT Series Cutting Torch to the
• MULTIQUIP MQ PCX50SS
• OTC D-5000 and D-7000
• P-TRON 75 and 100
The following parts are included in this kit:
• Control Connector Plug with Connectors (1 ea)
• Dummy Connector Plug (1 ea)
Install the Adapter Kit per the following procedure:
1. Turn OFF the power supply.
2. Disconnect the main input power to the power supply.
3. Remove the existing torch from the power supply, remov-
ing covers as required.
4. Install the Dummy Connector Plug provided into the Power
5. Connect the pilot wire (+) from the replacement torch to the
Power Supply and tighten securely
6. Connect the Negative/Plasma Lead from the replacement
torch to the Power Supply. Slide the protective boot over
the lead connection.
7. Connect the Negative/Plasma Lead from the replacement
torch to the Adapter Fitting.
8. Connect the Control Connector Plug (see NOTE), with two
connectors, to the two mating connectors on the replacement
9. Connect the Control Connector Plug to the Power Supply.
10. Reinstall any covers removed (see WARNING).
11. Install the proper torch consumables for the Power Supply
12. Reconnect main input power to the Power Supply and turn the unit
13. Set air pressure to 60 - 70 psi (4.1 - 4.8 bar).
14. Test torch for proper operation.
RPT Adapter Kit
Catalog # 7-3437
For Mechanized Systems refer to the
Torch Control Cable Wiring Diagram
on the last page of this Manual.
Make sure that the Control Connector Plug wires
DO NOT contact the Adapter Fitting after all
leads are connected.
Torch Lead Assembly
Plug with Connectors