Warning, Aintenance and care, Check rotating floor brush and drive belt – Bissell 15D6e User Manual
w w w . b i s s e l l . c o m
aintenance and care
You should check your vacuum cleaner’s
rotating floor brush and drive belt regu-
larly for wear or damage. You should
also clean the brush and brush ends of
strings, hair and carpet fibers. This type
of debris can wrap around the brush
and hamper its ability to effectively
clean your carpet. Also remove any
debris that has accumulated under the
1. Unplug the vacuum from electrical outlet.
2. Place handle in low position and turn
vacuum cleaner over so bottom side is
3. Remove the five screws in the brush cover
as shown. Lift off the brush cover.
4. Grasp rotating floor brush at both ends and
5. Clean strings, hair and other debris from
rotating floor brush, paying particular
attention to brush ends.
6. Clean strings, hair and other debris from
motor pulley and drive belt areas.
7. Check drive belt carefully for wear, cuts,
or stressed areas.
8. Check air passageway for obstructions.
Remove debris from this area.
9. When finished cleaning, reposition floor
brush and drive belt. Replace the brush
cover and secure with all five screws.
Check rotating floor brush and drive belt
To reduce the risk of injury
from moving parts, turn the
power switch OFF and
disconnect plug from electrical