Information you need to know, About your oven, About food – Sharp R-9H84B User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
About Your Oven
This Operation Manual is valuable: read it carefully and
always save it for reference.
The Sharp Carousel II Convection Microwave Cookbook
is a valuable asset.
Check it frequently for cooking principles,
techniques, hints and recipes.
NEVER use the oven without the turntable and support nor
turn the turntable over so that a large dish could be placed in
the oven. The turntable will turn both clockwise and
ALWAYS have food in the oven when it is on to absorb the
When using the oven at power levels below 100%, you may
hear the magnetron cycling on and off.
Condensation is a norma! part of microwave cooking. Room
humidity and the moisture in food will influence the amount of
moisture that condenses in the oven. Generally, covered
foods will not cause as much condensation as uncovered
ones. Vents on the oven back must not be blocked.
convection, automatic mix or broil,
hear the sound of the cooling fan . The fan may operate as
long as 5 minutes, depending on the oven temperature.
Be aware that, unlike microwave-only ovens, convection
microwave ovens have a tendency to become hot during
convection, automatic mix and broil
The oven is for food preparation only. It should not be used
to dry clothes or newspapers
Your oven is rated 900 watts using the lEC 705-1988 method.
in using recipes or package directions, check food at the
minimum time and add time accordingly.
* Puncture egg yolks before cooking to
* Cook eggs in shells.
fruits & vegetables
* Pierce skins of potatoes, apples, squash,
hot dogs and sausages so that steam
* Reheat whole eggs.
* Use specially bagged popcorn for the
* Pop popcorn in regular brown bags or glass
* Listen while popping com for the popping
to slow to 1 or 2 seconds or use Sensor
POPCORN pad for "no-guess" popping.
* Use an overturned 9 or 10 inch oven
proof glass pie plate on top of the
turntable when popping bagged
* Exceed maximum time on popcorn package.
* Transfer baby food to small dish and
* Heat disposable bottles
heat carefully, stirring often. Check
temperature before serving .
* Heat bottles with nipples on.
* Put nipples on bottles after heating and
shake thoroughly. “Wrist” test before
• Heat baby food in original iars.
* Cut baked goods with filling after heating
* Heat or cook in dosed glass jars or air tight
to release steam and avoid bums.
* Stir liquid briskly before and after heating
to avoid “eruption”.
* Can in the microwave as harmful bacteria
* Use deep bowl when cooking liquid or
may not be destroyed
cereal to prevent boilovers
* Deep fat fry.
• Dry wood, gourds, herbs or wet papers. J