Crosman 54001 User Manual
Spring Pump Shotgun with Shotgun Shells
6mm Plastic BBs
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS IN THIS MANUAL BEFORE USING THIS AIRSOFT GUN
Marine Corps trademarks used under license by Crosman Corporation.
7629 Routes 5 & 20,
Bloomfield, NY 14469
United States of America
This is not a toy. Adult supervision is required. Misuse may cause serious injury, particu-
larly to the eye. Eye protection must be worn by the user and any person in range. May be dangerous up to
100 yds. Read the owner’s manual before using.
Do not brandish or display this airsoft gun in public – it may confuse people and may be a
crime. Police and others may think it is a firearm. Do not change the coloration and markings to make it look
more like a firearm. That is dangerous and may be a crime.
This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer and
birth defects (and other reproductive harms).
YOU AND OTHERS WITH YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR SHOOTING GLASSES TO PROTECT YOUR EYES.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
THIS AIRSOFT GUN IS INTENDED FOR USE BY THOSE 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
BUYER AND USER HAVE THE DUTY TO OBEYALL LAWS ABOUT THE USE AND OWNERSHIP OF THIS AIR-
Please read this owner’s manual completely. Remember to treat this airsoft gun with the same respect you would a
firearm. Always carefully follow the safety instructions found in this owner’s manual and keep this manual in a safe
place for future use.
If you have any questions regarding your new airsoft gun, please contact Crosman Customer Service at:
1-800-724-7486, 585-657-6161 or www.crosman.com.
1. Learning the Parts of Your New Airsoft Gun
Learning the names of the parts of your new airsoft gun will help you to understand your owner’s manual. Use this
manual to increase your enjoyment of this airsoft gun
A. Safety - See Fig. 2
D. Loading Port Release Button
F. Front Sight
G. Adjustable Rear Sight
2. Operating the Safety
Keep the airsoft gun in the “ON SAFE” position until you are ready to shoot. Then turn the
safety to the “OFF SAFE” position.
A. To Put the airsoft gun “ON SAFE:”
• Locate the safety directly behind the trigger.
• Push the safety from the left side all the way in (Fig. 2). The
safety is not “ON SAFE” unless it is pushed all the way in and
the RED ring around the left side of the safety is NOT showing.
Like all mechanical devices, a airsoft gun safety can fail. Even when
the safety is “ON SAFE”, you should continue to handle the airsoft
gun safely. NEVER point the airsoft gun at any person. NEVER point
the airsoft gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
B. To Take the airsoft gun “OFF SAFE”:
• Push the safety from the right side until it is flush with the trigger
guard. When you can see the RED ring around the left side of the
safety, the airgun is “OFF SAFE” and can be fired.
3. Loading and Unloading Plastic BBs
NOTE: For optimum performance Crosman recommends using only
Crosman or GameFace Brand BBs.
A. Filling and installing the shot shell (magazine)
• Make sure the airsoft gun is “ON SAFE” (section 2A) and pointed in a
Load the Speedloader (not supplied with the gun)
• Push down the spring rod and lock in place.
• Open the door and fill with 6mm airsoft BBs.
• Close the door and release the spring rod.
Fill the Shot Shells
• Align the tip of the loaded speedloader with the hole in the shot shell (magazine).
• Push the spring rod to load pellets into the magazine. Repeat this process until the magazine is full.
Load the Shot Shell into the Gun
• Push the loading port release button toward the back of the gun. This will open the door.
• Insert the shot shell, nose first, into the loading chamber and lock in place. (Fig. 3)
• Close the loading port door.
Use 6 mm plastic BBs only in this airsoft gun. Use of any other ammunition can cause injury to
you or damage to the airsoft gun.
B. Unloading Plastic BBs
• Make sure the airsoft gun is “ON SAFE” (section 2A).
• Point the airsoft gun in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• Slide the loading port release button toward the back of the gun. This will open the door and eject the shot
• Point the airsoft gun in a SAFE DIRECTION, take “OFF SAFE” and fire the gun in a safe direction until no more
• Put the airsoft gun back “ON SAFE”.
Never assume that because the airsoft gun no longer fires a BB and/or the loading cham-
ber is removed, that a BB is not lodged in the barrel. Always treat the airsoft gun as though it is loaded and
with the same respect you would a firearm.
4. Pumping Your Airsoft Rifle
• Put the airsoft gun “ON SAFE” (See Step 2A).
• Always hold the forearm firmly when you pump it to prevent possible injury. Never pump your airsoft gun more
than once. Over-pumping can cause major damage to your airsoft gun.
• Holding the forearm firmly, pull it all the way back. Do not twist the forearm while pumping. Use a straight
stroke to prevent breakage (Fig. 4). Return the fore-
arm to the original closed position with a smooth
stroke. Be sure to hold the forearm firmly as you
NOTE: You must follow the procedure for pumping and
firing your airsoft gun each time you shoot.
5. Aiming Safely
• You and others with you should always wear eye
• Always aim your airsoft rifle in a SAFE DIRECTION. When you are sure of your target and backstop, and the
area around the target is clear, pump the airsoft rifle (See Step 4), take “OFF SAFE” (See Step 2.2) and squeeze
the trigger to fire. (Fig. 5)
• Do not shoot at hard surfaces or at the surface of water. The plastic BBs may
bounce off or ricochet and hit someone or something you had not intended to
hit. If the plastic BBs should happen to hit a hard surface, DO NOT reuse those
plastic BBs because they could cause possible damage to your airsoft rifle.
• Always choose your target carefully. It is best to shoot at targets, which are
attached to a safe backstop. Your backstop should be checked for wear before
and after each use. Replace your backstop if the surface is worn or damaged,
or if a ricochet occurs.
• Your airsoft rifle is designed for target shooting and is suited for both indoor and
outdoor use. Always remember to place your target carefully. THINK about what
you will hit if you miss the target, or if the plastic BB ricochets.
6. Firing Safely
• Make sure the airsoft rifle is “ON SAFE” (See Step 2.1).
• Point the airsoft rifle in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• Follow section 4 on pumping the airsoft gun.
• After reading section 9 on aiming and firing safely, take the airsoft gun “OFF SAFE” and pull the trigger.
• Repeat these steps until you are no longer firing plastic BBs.
• Put the airsoft gun back “ON SAFE”.
• Remove the magazine.
7. Maintaining Your Airsoft Rifle
• Tampering with the airsoft rifle or attempts to change the airsoft rifle in any way may make it unsafe to use,
cause injury particularly to the eye, and will void the warranty.
• If you drop your airsoft rifle, check to see that it works properly before you use it again. If anything seems
changed, like a shorter or weaker trigger pull, this may mean worn out or broken parts. Call Customer Service
at Crosman for assistance before using your airsoft rifle again.
8. Reviewing Safety
• Do not ever point the airsoft rifle at any person. Do not ever point the airsoft rifle at anything you do not intend
• Always treat the airsoft rifle as though it is loaded and with the same respect you would a firearm.
• Always aim in a SAFE DIRECTION. Always keep the muzzle of the airsoft rifle pointed in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• Always keep the airsoft rifle “ON SAFE” until you are ready to shoot in a SAFE DIRECTION.
• Always check to see if the airsoft rifle is “ON SAFE” and unloaded when getting it from another person or from
• Always keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
• If your reading or prescription glasses are not safety glasses make sure you wear eye protection over your
• Use 6 mm plastic BBs only.
• Do not shoot at hard surfaces or at the surface of water. The plastic BBs may bounce off or ricochet and hit
someone or something you had not intended to hit. If the plastic BBs should happen to hit a hard surface, DO
NOT reuse those plastic BBs because they could cause possible damage to your airsoft rifle.
• Replace the backstop if it becomes worn. Place the backstop in a location that will be safe should the back-
• Do not attempt to disassemble or tamper with your airsoft rifle. Call Customer Service at Crosman Corporation
• Do not put the airsoft rifle away loaded. Make sure ALL of the plastic BBs are unloaded from the airsoft rifle
(See Step 3.2).
• Always store this airsoft rifle in a secure location.
Spring pump triple shot
Up to 30 plastic BBs
Up to 38 inches
Up to 350 fps (106.7 m/s)
6mm plastic BBs
Smooth bore aluminum
Capacity 30 BBs
PERFORMANCE: Many factors can affect velocity, including brand of projectile, type of projectile and barrel condi-
Your airsoft gun was designed to work with Crosman branded ammunition. Use of other ammunition may cause
your gun to malfunction.
DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE.
Our friendly customer service representatives will be glad to help. You can get answers to frequently asked
questions at www.crosman.com or you can contact us directly at 1-800-7AIRGUN (1-800-724-7486)
If your airsoft gun is not functioning, we recommend that you call Crosman Corporation Customer service at
1-800-724-7486 or 585-657-6161. (International customers should contact their distributor.) DO NOT ATTEMPT
TO DISASSEMBLE IT! If you take it apart you probably will not be able to reassemble it correctly. Crosman as-
sumes no warranty responsibility under such circumstances.
For optimum performance use Crosman ammunition only. Using other than Crosman branded ammunition may
cause your product to malfunction and may void your warranty.
LIMITED 30 DAY WARRANTY
This product is warranted to the retail consumer for 30 days from date of retail purchase against defects in material
and workmanship and is transferable.
WHAT IS COVERED
Replacement parts and labor. Transportation charges to consumer for repaired product.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Transportation charges to Crosman for product. Damages caused by abuse, modification or failure to perform
normal maintenance. Any other expense. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR INCIDEN-
TAL EXPENSES, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION
MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
USA Customers: Attach your name, address, description of problem, phone number and copy of sales receipt to
product. Package and return to Crosman Corporation, Routes 5 & 20, Bloomfield, NY 14469.
International Customers: Please return product to your nearest distributor. If you do not know your distributor,
please call 585-657-6161 and ask for our International Department for assistance.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO 30 DAYS FROM DATE OF RETAIL PURCHASE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE
ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
To the extent any provision of this warranty is prohibited by federal, state, or municipal law which cannot be pre-
empted, it shall not be applicable. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights
which vary from state to state.
CROSMAN is a registered trademark of Crosman Corporation in the United States.