Important safety instructions – Maytag INTELLIDRY MD-15 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
For your safety, the information in this
manuai must be followed to minimize
the risk of fire or explosion or to pre
vent property damage, personal injury
WARNING — To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury to persons
when using your appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following:
-Do not store or use gasoline or other
flammable vapors and liquids in the
vicinity of this or any other appliance.
-WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS
• Do not try to light any appliance.
• Do not touch any electrical switch.
• Do not use any phone in your
• Clear the room, building or area of
• immediately call your gas supplier
from a neighbor’s phone. Follow
the gas supplier’s instructions.
• If you cannot reach your gas suppli
er, call the fire department.
Installation and service must be per
formed by a qualified installer, service
agency or the gas supplier.
1. Read all instructions before using the
To avoid the possibility of fire or
a. Do not dry items that have been
previously cleaned in, w/ashed in,
soaked in, or spotted with gaso
line, dry-cleaning solvents, other
flammable or explosive sub
stances as they give off vapors
that could ignite or explode. Any
material on which you have used
a cleaning solvent, or which is sat
urated with flammable liquids or
solids, should not be placed in the
dryer, until all traces of these
flammable liquids or solids and
their fumes have been removed.
There are many highly flammable
items used in homes, such as:
acetone, denatured alcohol, gaso
line, kerosene, some liquid house
removers, turpentine, waxes and
b. Items containing foam rubber
(may be labeled latex foam) or
materials must not be dried on a
heat setting. Foam rubber materi
als when heated, can under cer
tain circumstances produce fire by
3. Do not allow children to play on or in
the appliance. Close supervision of
children is necessary when the appli
ance is used near children.
4. Before the appliance is removed from
service or discarded, remove the
door to the drying compartment.
5. Do not reach into the appliance if the
drum is moving.
6. Do not install or store this appliance
where it will be exposed to the
7. Do not tamper with controls.
8. Do not repair or replace any part of
the appliance or attempt any servic
ing unless specifically recommended
in published user-repair instructions
that you understand and have the
skills to carry out.
9. Do not use fabric softeners or prod
ucts to eliminate static unless recom
mended for dryer use by the manu
facturer of the fabric softener or prod
10. Clean the lint screen before or after
11. Keep the area around the exhaust
opening and surrounding areas free
from lint accumulation, dust and dirt.
12. The interior of the dryer and exhaust
duct should be cleaned periodically
by qualified service personnel.
13. This appliance must be properly
grounded. Never plug the appliance
cord into a receptacle which is not
grounded adequately and in accor
dance with local and national codes.
grounding this appliance.
14. Do not sit on top of the clothes dryer.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE