Operating tips, Detergent, Loading – Maytag LAT8416 User Manual
Page 7: Additional tips
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
For ^tailed information on sorting, pretreating
stains, etc., see the enclosed Laundry Tips pamphlet.
Use either liquid or granular laundry detergent. For
best results, be sure detergent is added to the
washer BEFORE the load and be sure wash water
is above 65" F.
• Use the correct amount of detergent for the load size,
soil level and water conditions. Use more detergent if
you have hard water and very soiled loads.
If you have soft water or a lightly soiled load, use less
detergent. (See manufacturer’s instructions.)
• Wipe up any detergent spills on the washer.
• Put dry, unfolded clothes loosely in the tub, up to the
top row of holes for a maximum load.
• Do not wrap large items like sheets around the agita
• Mix large and small items for best circulation. Wash
bulky items like blankets separately.
• When laundering permanent press items or items of
delicate construction, washable woolens or loosely
knit items, never use less than the MEDIUM water
level setting. This will minimize shrinkage, wrinkling
and pulling of seams.
• For best results, add the detergent to washtub before
adding the load.
If the washer stops during the spin, it may be due to
an unevenly distributed load. If this happens, push in
the control knob, open the lid, redistribute the load,
close the lid and pull out the control knob. The spin
will resume at the point it was interrupted.
• The washer will pause briefly throughout each cycle.
These pauses are normal.
This washer is designed so that it will not agitate or
spin when the Hd is open. It will, however, fill with
the lid open so water is available for pretreating stains
or diluting fabric softener.
If you open the lid during a cycle, the washer will
stop. When the lid is closed and the control knob
pulled out, the washer will continue the cycle at the
point it was interrupted.