Sony 3-289-204-12(1) User Manual
Notes on connecting cables
• We recommend that you use a Sony HDMI
• We recommend that you use an HDMI cable
with the HDMI logo (made by Sony) for the
HDMI jack corresponding to high speed (an
HDMI version1.3a, category 2 cable) when
you view images or listen to sound during a
Deep Color transmission or when you watch
a video image of 1080p or higher.
• We do not recommend using an HDMI-DVI
conversion cable. When you connect an
HDMI-DVI conversion cable to a DVI-D
component, the sound and/or the image may
not be output. Connect other audio cords or
digital connecting cords, then set “Input
Assign” in the Input Option menu when the
sound is not output correctly.
Notes on HDMI connections
• Check the setup of the connected component
if an image is poor or the sound does not
come out of a component connected via the
• An audio signal input to the HDMI IN jack
is output from the speaker output jacks,
HDMI OUT jack and PRE OUT jacks. It is
not output from any other audio jacks.
• A video signal input to the HDMI IN jack
can only be output from the HDMI OUT
jack. The video input cannot be output from
the VIDEO OUT jacks or MONITOR
VIDEO OUT jacks.
• The audio and video signals of HDMI input
are not output from the HDMI OUT jack
while the receiver menu is displayed.
• When you want to listen to the sound from
the TV speaker, set “Audio Out” to
“TV+AMP” in the HDMI settings menu
(page 57). If you cannot play back multi
channel audio source, set to “AMP”.
However, the sound will not output from the
• DSD signals of Super Audio CD are not
input and output.
• Be sure to turn on the receiver when the
video and audio of a playback component
are being output to a TV via the receiver. If
the power supply of the receiver is not turned
on, neither video nor audio is transmitted.
• Audio signals (sampling frequency, bit
length, etc.) transmitted from an HDMI jack
may be suppressed by the connected
component. Check the setup of the
connected component if an image is poor or
the sound does not come out of a component
connected via the HDMI cable.
• Sound may be interrupted when the
sampling frequency, the number of channels
or audio format of audio output signals from
the playback component is switched.
• When the connected component is not
compatible with copyright protection
technology (HDCP), the image and/or the
sound from the HDMI OUT jack may be
distorted or may not be output.
In this case, check the specification of the
• You can enjoy High Bitrate Audio (DTS-HD
Master Audio, Dolby TrueHD), multi
channel Linear PCM only with an HDMI
• Set the image resolution of the playback
component to more than 720p to enjoy High
Bitrate Audio (DTS-HD Master Audio,
• The image resolution of playback
component may need certain settings be
made before you can enjoy multi channel
Linear PCM. Refer to the operating
instructions of the player.
• Not every HDMI component supports all
functions that are defined by the specified
HDMI version. For example, components
that support HDMI, ver. 1.3a, may not
support Deep Color.
• Refer to the operating instructions of each
component connected for details.