Af-assist beam, Automatically to assist autofocus, Single-frame and continuous shooting – Canon eos rebel g User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
II. Basic Operation
• The red-eye reduction lamp lights after the shutter button is pressed halfway and focus has
• The red-eye reduction lamp will light again if the shutter button is pressed halfway again.
• While the red-eye reduction lamp is iit
the red-eye reduction lamp-on indicator in the
viewfinder will gradually fade.
• Red-eye reduction may be effective only when the subject looks at the red-eye reduction
lamp. The actual effectiveness will depend on the subject.
• To increase the effectiveness of red-eye reduction, take the picture after the red-eye
reduction lamp-on indicator in the viewfinder turns off.
• The picture can be taken at anytime even while the red-eye reduction lamp is lit. Just press
the shutter button completely.
Under difficult autofocusing conditions, the AF-assist beam is emitted
automatically to assist autofocus,
* The AF-assist beam can be activated in any Programmed Image Control mode and Creative
■ if Speedlite 540EZ is used with the camera, the AF-assist beam will be emitted by the
Speedlite instead. With any other external, EOS-dedicated Speedlite, the AF-assist beam
will be emitted by the camera. However, if the center focusing point has been selected
manually in a Creative Zone mode, the AF-assist beam will be emitted by the EOS-
dedicated Speedlite instead of the camera.
Single-frame and continuous shooting
• When the shutter button is held down completeiy, the shooting mode (single-frame or
continuous) is set automatically by the current picture-taking mode. Refer to page 65 to
see which shooting mode is set.