Service & warranty, Warranty, What is not covered by these warranties – Maytag MD-24 User Manual
Page 12: If you need service
Service & Warranty
Limited One Year Warranty -
Parts and Labor
For one (1) year from the original retail
purchase date, any part which fails in
normal home use will be repaired or
replaced free of charge.
The above warranties only cover an
appliance installed in Canada that has
been certified or listed by appropriate test
agencies for a compliance to a National
Standard of Canada unless the appliance
was brought into Canada due to transfer
of residence from the United States to
The specific warranties expressed above are
the ONLY warranties provided by the
manufacturer. These warranties give you
specific legal rights, and you may also have
other rights which vary from state to state.
What is Not Covered By These Warranties
1. Conditions and damages resulting from any of the following:
a. Improper installation, delivery, or maintenance.
b. Any repair, modification, alteration, or adjustment not authorized by the
manufacturer or an authorized servicer.
c. Misuse, abuse, accidents, unreasonable use, or acts of God.
d. Incorrect electric current, voltage, electrical and/or gas supply.
e. Improper setting of any control.
2. Warranties are void if the original serial numbers have been removed, altered,
or cannot be readily determined.
3. Light bulbs, water filters and air filters.
4. Products purchased for commercial or industrial use.
5. The cost of service or service call to:
a. Correct installation errors. For products requiring ventilation, rigid metal
ducting must be used.
b. Instruct the user on the proper use of the product.
c. Transport the appliance to and from the servicer.
6. Any food loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service in remote locations.
8. Outside of the United States and Canada this warranty does not apply.
Contact your dealer to determine if another warranty applies.
9. Consequential or incidental damages sustained by any person as a result of
any breach of these warranties. Some states do not allow the exclusion or
limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusion may
If You Need Service
First see the Troubleshooting section in your Use and Care Guide or call the
dealer from whom your appliance was purchased or call Maytag Services, LLC,
Customer Assistance at 1-800-688-9900 USA and 1-800-688-2002 Canada to
locate an authorized servicer.
• Be sure to retain proof of purchase to verify warranty status. Refer to WARRANTY
for further information on owner’s responsibilities for warranty service.
• If the dealer or service company cannot resolve the problem, write to Maytag
Services, LLC, Attn: CAIR
Center, P.O. Box 2370, Cleveland, TN 37320-2370, or call
1-800-688-9900 USA and 1-800-688-2002 Canada. U.S. customers using
TTY for deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired, call 1-800-688-2080.
• User’s guides, service manuals and parts information are available from Maytag
Services, LLC, Customer Assistance.
When writing or calling about a service problem, please include:
Your name, address and telephone number;
Model number and serial number;
Name and address of your dealer or servicer;
A clear description of the problem you are having;
Proof of purchase (sales receipt).
CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE
REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED
WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR
AS PROVIDED HEREIN. IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED
TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST
PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. MAYTAG
CORPORATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE
FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES. SOME STATES AND
PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE
EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES, OR LIMITATIONS ON THE
DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, SO
THESE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS
MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS
WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL
RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY STATE TO
STATE OR PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.