Important safety instructions, Important i n struction – Sharp DK-CL5P User Manual
2010 November 3
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Electricity is used to perform many useful functions, but it can
also cause personal injuries and property damage if improperly
handled. This product has been engineered and manufactured
with the highest priority on safety. However, improper use can
result in electric shock and/or fire. In order to prevent potential
danger, please observe the following instructions when
installing, operating and cleaning the product. To ensure your
safety and prolong the service life of this product, please read
the following precautions carefully before use.
1) Read these instructions.
2) Keep these instructions.
3) Heed all warnings.
4) Follow all instructions.
5) Do not use this apparatus near water.
6) Clean only with dry cloth.
7) Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance
with the manufacturer's instructions.
8) Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat
registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers)
that produce heat.
9) Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or
grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with
one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two
blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the
third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug
does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for
replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10) Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched
particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point
where they exit from the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments/accessories specified by the
12) Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket,
or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold
with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use
caution when moving the cart/apparatus
combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13) Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when
unused for long periods of time.
14) Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing
is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any
way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid
has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus,
the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does
not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Additional Safety Information
15) Power Sources - This product should be operated only from
the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If
you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home,
consult your product dealer or local power company. For
product intended to operate from battery power, or other
sources, refer to the operating instructions.
16) Overloading - Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords,
or integral convenience receptacles as this can result in a
risk of fire or electric shock.
17) Object and Liquid Entry - Never push objects of any kind into
this product through openings as they may touch dangerous
voltage points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or
electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.