Timer recording, Recording – LG DR4912 User Manual
This DVD Recorder can be programmed to record up to
7 programs within a period of 1 month. For unattended
recording, the timer needs to know the channels to be
recorded, the starting time and length.
Press TIMER REC.
The Timer Record menu will appear.
• PR – Choose a memorized program number, or
one of the external inputs from which to record.
• Date – Choose a date up to 1 month in advance.
• Start Time – Set the recording start time.
• Length – Set the recording length.
• Mode – Choose a record mode (HQ, SQ, LQ,
EQ, or AT).
AT (Auto) mode determines how much disc time
is available and switches record mode, if neces-
sary, to complete recording the program.
• Repeat – Choose a desired repeat (Once, Daily
(Monday - Friday), or Weekly).
• PDC – The PDC system automatically adjusts the
recording time so that even if a program is not
running to schedule, you won’t miss it. For PDC
to work properly, you must input the correct
announced time and date of the program you
want to record.
Note that PDC may not work with every station.
• Stations that use PDC typically include PDC
information in the teletext TV guide pages.
Please refer to these pages when setting a
• This recorder takes approximately 20 seconds
to switch on and start recording. This means
that when using PDC, there may be instances
where the beginning of the program is not
Enter the necessary information for your timer
• b / B (left/right) – move the cursor left/right
• v / V (up/down) – change the setting at the cur-
rent cursor position
• Press RETURN (O) to exit the Timer Record
• Press ENTER after filling in all the program infor-
• Press TIMER REC to display Timer Record List.
Press ENTER, the program will be memorized
by the DVD Recorder.
To check the programming, the Timer Record List
Check field’s “Rec. OK” on the Timer Record List
indicates that the timer recording is programmed
correctly and recordable disc inserted.
Press RETURN (O) to exit the Program List.
Make sure that you load a recordable disc and
press POWER to switch your unit to Standby.
• The timer indicator lights in the display window when
the recorder is in standby with the timer active.
• For TV recording with bilingual, set audio channel
from the TV Rec Audio in sub-menu of the Setup
menu (see page 27).
• You must press POWER to stop the timer recording.
Timer Rec List
- - - -