LG DR4912 User Manual
Recording from an External Input
Recording from External Components
You can record from an external component, such as a
camcorder or VCR, connected to any of the recorder’s
Make sure that the component you want to
record from is connected properly to the DVD
Recorder. See page 18.
Press AV repeatedly to select the external input
to record from.
• Tuner: Built-in tuner
• AV1: EURO AV1 AUDIO VIDEO mounted on back panel
• AV2: EURO AV2 DECODER mounted on back panel
• AV3: AUDIO AV IN 3 / VIDEO IN 3 mounted on back
• AV4: INPUT 4 (VIDEO, AUDIO (L/R), S-VIDEO IN)
mounted on front panel
• DV: DV IN mounted on front panel
Load a recordable disc.
Select the recording mode as necessary by
pressing REC MODE repeatedly.
(HQ, SQ, LQ, EQ)
HQ; High Quality, SQ; Standard Quality, LQ: Low Quality,
EQ: Extended Quality
Press REC (z) once.
Recording will start. (The REC indicator lights in the
Recording continues until you press STOP (
) or the
disc is full.
To record for a fixed length of time, see Instant Timer
Recording on page 40.
Press STOP (x) to stop recording.
If your source is copy-protected using CopyGuard, you will not
be able to record it using this recorder. See Copyright on page
9 for more details.
Recording from a Digital Camcorder
You can record from a digital camcorder connected to
the DV IN jack on the front panel of this recorder. Using
the recorder’s remote, you can control both the cam-
corder and this recorder.
Before recording, make sure that the audio input for the
DV IN jack is set up (see page 27).
• The source signal must be DVC-SD format.
• Some camcorders cannot be controlled using this
• If you connect a second DVD Recorder using a DV
cable, you cannot control the second DVD from this one.
• You can’t control this unit remotely from a component
connected to the DV IN jack.
• You can’t record date and time information from a DV
Make sure your digital camcorder is connected
to the front panel DV IN jack. See page 18.
Check that the DV audio input is as you require.
You can choose between Audio 1 (original audio) and
Audio 2 (overdubbed audio).
• DV Input is set from the DV Rec Audio in sub-menu of
the Setup menu. See DV Rec Audio on page 27 for
Press AV repeatedly to select the DV input.
DV appears in the display window and on the TV screen.
Find the place on the camcorder tape that you
want to the recording to start from.
For best results, pause playback at the point from which
you want to record.
• Depending on your camcorder, you can use this
recorder’s remote to control the camcorder using the
STOP, PLAY and PAUSE functions.
Press REC (z) once to start recording.
Recording is automatically stopped if the recorder
detects no signal.
• You can pause or stop the recording by pressing
PAUSE/STEP (X) or STOP (x). You cannot
control the camcorder from this remote control
• In Video mode, the final frame of the recording
may remain displayed on screen for a while after
For timer recording to work properly on this
recorder, the digital camcorder must also be
switched on and in operating.