Troubleshooting, General, Additional information 10 – Pioneer HTZ272DVD User Manual
Incorrect operations are often mistaken for trouble and malfunctions. If you think that there is
something wrong with this component, check the points below. Sometimes the trouble may lie in
another component. Investigate the other components and electrical appliances being used. If the
trouble cannot be rectified even after exercising the checks listed below, ask your nearest Pioneer
authorized service center or your dealer to carry out repair work.
• If the system does not operate normally due to external effects such as static electricity,
disconnect the plug from the outlet and insert again to return to normal operating conditions.
The power does not turn
on, or switches off
suddenly (an error
message may be
displayed at startup).
• Wait for one minute before switching back on.
• Make sure there are no loose strands of wire touching the unit. This could cause
the system to shut off automatically.
• Check that the speakers are connected correctly.
• Make sure the voltage of the mains power source is correct for the model.
• Try reducing the volume level.
• If the problem persists, take it to your nearest Pioneer authorized service center
or your dealer for servicing.
No sound is output
when a function is
• If you’re using the line input, make sure the component is connected correctly
(see Connecting auxiliary audio components on page 34).
MUTE on the remote control to turn muting off.
• Turn up the volume.
No sound from surround
or center speakers.
• Refer to Setting the channel levels on page 11 to check the speaker levels.
TUNER or LINE is selected, you can only hear the source in stereo. Switch
the input source to
DVD/CD or USB for multichannel sound.
• Check that you haven’t selected the
STEREO mode (see Listening in surround
sound on page 15).
• Check if a microphone is connected or not.
• Connect the speakers properly (refer to the Setup Guide).
Can’t operate the remote
• Replace the batteries (refer to the Setup Guide).
• Operate within 7 m, 30° of the remote sensor (refer to the Setup Guide).
• Remove any obstacles or operate from another position.
• Avoid exposing the remote sensor on the front panel to direct light.
• To operate other Pioneer components, make sure that the control cable and
analog audio cable are connected.
The microphone can’t be
• You are only using one microphone and it’s plugged into the
MIC (SUB) jack. The
MIC (SUB) jack can only be used if there is also a microphone plugged into the
MIC (MAIN) jack.
• Adjust the
Feedback noise when
mic is switched on.
• The mic is pointing toward the speakers. Keep the mic pointed away from the
• The microphone level is set too high. Turn down the mic control level.
TRAYLOCK shows in the
display and the tray can’t
• Press and hold
OPEN/CLOSE on the front panel for about eight seconds. Then
the tray can be opened/closed using
HTZ170_171_270_272_En.book 43 ページ ２００８年２月２８日 木曜日 午後１時２４分