Safety information – NexxTech super slim divx/mpeg4 dvd player 1617008E User Manual
The light ﬂash with an arrowhead symbol, within an equilateral triangle, is intended to alert the user
to the presence of uninsulated “dangerous voltage” within the product’s enclosure that may be of
sufﬁcient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within the equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence
of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the
This digital video disc player employs a laser system.
Use of controls, adjustment or the performance of procedures other than speciﬁed may result here in hazardous radiation
Visible laser radiation when open and interlocks defeated.
DO NOT STARE INTO BEAM.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of
the FCC rule. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential
installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in
accordance with the instructions, it may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, this is no guarantee
that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does not cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning
the equipment off or on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the follow measures.
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This product incorporates copyright protection technology that is protected by method claims of certain U.S.
patents and other intellectual property rights owned by macrovision corporation and other rights owners. Use of
this copyright protection technology must be authorized by Macrovision Corporation and is intended for home and
other limited viewing uses only unless otherwise authorized by Macrovision Corporation. Reverse engineering or
disassembly is prohibited.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Read these instructions.
2) Keep these instructions.
3) Heed all warnings.
4) Follow all instructions.
5) Do not use this apparatus near water.
6) Clean only with dry cloth.
7) Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8) Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including ampliﬁers) that
9) Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the
other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are provided for your
safety. If the provided plug does not ﬁt into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10) Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles and the point where they
exit from the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments/accessories speciﬁed by the manufacturer.
12) Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table speciﬁed by the manufacturer or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is
used, use with caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13) Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long period of time.
14) Refer all servicing to a qualiﬁed service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way, such
as power supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus has been exposed to
rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15) “WARNING” To reduce the risk of ﬁre or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
16) “CAUTION” These servicing instructions are for use by qualiﬁed service personnel only. To reduce the risk of electric shock do
not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operating instruction unless you are qualiﬁed to do so.