Cleaning the air filter – Canon XEED WUX450 User Manual
Cleaning and Replacing the Air Filter
Follow this procedure in reverse to install a new air filter.
Cleaning the Air Filter
The air filter protects the lens and mirror inside the projector from dust and dirt.
Should the air filter become clogged with dust, the projector may be damaged since
it will block the air flow into the projector and raise the internal temperature of the
projector. The following screen is displayed when turning on the projector if the air
filter needs to be cleaned (after approx. 300 hours). Clean the air filter if it is
• Turn the power of the projector off and pull out the power plug.
• Hook your finger around the air filter handle on the front of the projector and
remove the air filter. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean off the dust.
• If the air filter cleaning screen is displayed when turning on the projector after
cleaning the air filter, select [Yes] and press the OK button. The air filter cleaning
screen will disappear.
• This screen is not displayed when [Air filter warning display] is set to [Off]. (
• Handle the air filter carefully. If damaged, the air filter will not work properly.
• When the lamp is replaced, it is recommend that you also clean or replace the air filter.
• Contact the Canon Customer Support Center for further information.
• Replacement air filter part number: RS-FL02
• Only the [ ], [ ], OK and POWER buttons are
available while this screen is displayed. (When you
press the POWER button, the “Push POWER button
again to turn off power.” message appears.)
• When this screen has disappeared after being
displayed for 10 seconds, all buttons become operable.