Maintenance and service, Reference – LG LHT764 User Manual
Radio stations cannot
be tuned in.
The Remote Control
does not work
The front panel
display is too dim.
• The antenna is positioned or connected
• The signal strength of the stations is too
weak (when tuning in with automatic
• No stations have been preset or preset
stations have been cleared (when
tuning by scanning preset stations).
• The Remote Control is not pointed at
the remote sensor of the unit.
• The Remote Control is too far from the
• There is an obstacle in the path of the
Remote Control and the unit.
• The batteries in the Remote Control are
• Nothing is displayed on the front panel
• Connect the antenna securely.
• Adjust the antennas and connect an
external antenna if necessary.
• Tune in the station manually.
• Preset the stations (page 32).
• Point the Remote Control at the remote
sensor of the unit.
• Use the Remote Control within about 20
ft (6 m).
• Remove the obstacle.
• Replace the batteries with new ones.
• Press DIMMER on the Remote Control.
Maintenance and Service
Refer to the information in this chapter before
contacting a service technician.
HANDLING THE UNIT
When shipping the unit
Please save the original shipping carton and packing
materials. If you need to ship the unit, for maximum
protection, re-pack the unit as it was originally packed
at the factory.
Keeping the exterior surfaces clean
Do not use volatile liquids such as insecticide
spray near the unit.
Do not leave rubber or plastic products in contact
with the unit for a long period of time. since they
leave marks on the surface.
Cleaning the unit
To clean the unit, use a soft, dry cloth. If the surfaces
are extremely dirty, use a soft cloth lightly moistened
with a mild detergent solution.
Do not use strong solvents such as alcohol, benzine,
or thinner, as these might damage the surface of the
Maintaining the Unit
The unit is a high-tech, precision device. If the optical
pick-up lens and disc drive parts are dirty or worn, the
picture quality could be diminished.
Depending on the operating environment, regular
inspection and maintenance are recommended after
every 1,000 hours of use.
For details, please contact your nearest authorized