Precautions – Sony DSC-W310 User Manual
• The recordable movie file size is up to approx. 2 GB for each file. If the file size
reaches approx. 2 GB, the camera stops recording the movie automatically.
• The camera does not support HD recordings or playbacks for movies.
Do not use/store the camera in the following places
• In an extremely hot, cold or humid place
In places such as in a car parked in the sun, the camera body may become
deformed and this may cause a malfunction.
• Under direct sunlight or near a heater
The camera body may become discolored or deformed, and this may cause a
• In a location subject to rocking vibration
• Near strong magnetic place
• In sandy or dusty places
Be careful not to let sand or dust get into the camera. This may cause the camera to
malfunction, and in some cases this malfunction cannot be repaired.
Do not sit down in a chair or other place with the camera in the back pocket of your
trousers or skirt, as this may cause malfunction or damage the camera.
Cleaning the LCD screen
Wipe the screen surface with an LCD cleaning kit (sold separately) to remove
fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the lens
Wipe the lens with a soft cloth to remove fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the camera surface
Clean the camera surface with a soft cloth slightly moistened with water, then wipe
the surface with a dry cloth. To prevent damage to the finish or casing:
– Do not expose the camera to chemical products such as thinner, benzine, alcohol,
disposable cloths, insect repellent, sunscreen or insecticide.
– Do not touch the camera with any of the above on your hand.
– Do not leave the camera in contact with rubber or vinyl for a long time.
On operating temperatures
Your camera is designed for use under the temperatures between 0°C and 40°C
(32°F and 104°F). Shooting in extremely cold or hot places that exceed this range is