Tweco FP-165 Mini MIG User Manual
FIREpOwER Fp-125, 135, 165
3.07 Attaching the Gun and Cable
Assembly to the Power Source
The Firepower FP-125, FP-135, FP-165 are supplied with
a 80A MIG gun. The 80A MIG gun is designed with an
ergonomic handle and fewer parts to eliminate perfor-
mance problems. The 80A MIG gun uses standard readily
available TWECO consumable parts.
1. Open the door to the machine.
2. Connect the gun cable to the power source by first
routing the switch lead through the access hole in
the front panel followed by the gun cable (see Figure
Turn the cable end to align the gas hose nipple
on the connector plug with the keyway located
in the bottom of the front panel access hole.
3. Loosen the screws and insert the gun cable end as far
as it will go. Tighten thumbscrew (see Figure 3-3).
4. Insert the gun switch plug into the gun switch socket
(see Figure 3-3).
5. If shielding gas is being used, push the gas hose on
to the gas hose nipple and secure it with the hose
6. To remove the gun, simply reverse these directions.
When disconnecting gun switch leads from the
machine, grab the connectors and pull. Do not
pull on the wires.
Gun Switch Plug/Socket
Art # A-09079
Figure 3-3: Attaching Gun and Cable