Hemming – SINGER W1499 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
1. Raise the foot and the needle to its highest position. Replace the foot with the
2. Fold over the fabric edge by about 3mm and place it under the foot. Secure the
folded edge with a few stitches. Take out the workpiece and draw the hem
into the hemmer foot by pulling the threads.
3. Lower the foot and sew the hem.
4. During sewing, fold the fabric to the left a little and allow it to run into the
5. Make sure that the fabric does not move under the right half of the foot. The
fabric must be fed into the scroll of the hemmer sufficiently so that the work
piece edge runs freely through the groove under the foot.
Only suitable materials can be used and some practice may be necessary to acheive