Maytag, Refrigeration limited warranty – Maytag MFX2570AEM User Manual
REFRIGERATION LIMITED WARRANTY
FIRST YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (PARTS AND LABOR)
For one year from the date of purchase, when this major appliance is installed, operated and maintained according to instructions
attached to or furnished with the product, Maytag brand of Whirlpool Corporation or Whirlpool Canada, LP (hereafter “Maytag”) will pay
for factory specified replacement parts and repair labor to correct defects in materials or workmanship that existed when this major
appliance was purchased.
SECOND THROUGH TENTH YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (COMPRESSOR ONLY - LABOR NOT INCLUDED)
In the second through tenth years from the date of original purchase, when this major appliance is installed, operated and maintained
according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, Maytag will pay for a factory specified replacement compressor to
correct non-cosmetic defects in materials or workmanship in this part that prevent function of the refrigerator and that existed when this
major appliance was purchased. This limited 10-year warranty is for the compressor only and does not include labor.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN.
Service must be provided by a Maytag designated service company. This limited warranty is valid in the United States or Canada and
applies only when the major appliance is used in the country in which it was purchased. This limited warranty is effective from the date
of the original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date is required to obtain service under this limited warranty.
ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY
This limited warranty does not cover:
1. Replacement parts or repair labor if this major appliance is used for other than normal, single-family household use or when it is
used in a manner that is inconsistent to published user or operator instructions and/or installation instructions.
2. Service calls to correct the installation of your major appliance, to instruct you on how to use your major appliance, to replace or
repair house fuses, or to correct house wiring or plumbing.
3. Service calls to repair or replace appliance light bulbs, air filters or water filters. Consumable parts are excluded from warranty
4. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, acts of God, improper installation, installation not in
accordance with electrical or plumbing codes, or use of products not approved by Maytag.
5. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of your major appliance, unless such damage
results from defects in materials or workmanship and is reported to Maytag within 30 days from the date of purchase.
6. Any food or medicine loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures.
7. Pickup and delivery. This major appliance is intended to be repaired in your home.
8. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance.
9. Expenses for travel and transportation for product service if your major appliance is located in a remote area where service by an
authorized Maytag servicer is not available.
10. The removal and reinstallation of your major appliance if it is installed in an inaccessible location or is not installed in accordance
with Maytag published installation instructions.
11. Replacement parts or repair labor on major appliances with original model/serial numbers that have been removed, altered or
cannot be easily determined.
12. Discoloration, rust, or oxidation of stainless steel surfaces.
DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO ONE YEAR OR THE SHORTEST PERIOD ALLOWED BY LAW. Some states and provinces
do not allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties of merchantability or fitness, so this limitation may not apply to you. This
warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES; EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE PRODUCT REPAIR AS PROVIDED HEREIN.
MAYTAG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states and provinces do not allow the
exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty
gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
If outside the 50 United States and Canada, contact your authorized Maytag dealer to determine if another warranty applies.