NEC Projector VT560 User Manual

NEC Projectors

Advertising
background image

99-00590-00 Rev A0

Replacing an NEC VT560 Projector (03-00060) in a 2000i-DVX

1 of 15

Replacing an NEC VT560 Projector (03-00060) in a 2000i-DVX

Use these instructions to replace the NEC VT560 projector in a 2000i-DVX. Note that you will reuse the screws, washers
and spacers that secure the original projector to the cabinet, so keep track of them. However, three replacement sets of
screws, washers and spacers are included in the kit.

To replace the NEC VT560 projector in a 2000i-DVX, complete the following tasks:

1. Remove the original projector (and projector plate) from the cabinet (this page).

2. Install the replacement projector in the cabinet (page 4).

3. Align the projected image (page 6).

4. Check projector settings (page 15).

1. If you need better access to the rear of the cabinet, retract the anti-tip feet and unlock the wheels by raising the caster

tab locks on each wheel. Then roll the unit away from the wall. Press the caster tab locks down to lock the wheels
again, and then extend the anti-tip feet.

2. Using the height-adjustment handle, raise the unit to allow easier access to the projector.

3. Shut down the computer, and then press and hold the Lamp Off button in the Control Panel until the screen turns black

(approximately three seconds). Release the button and the projector lamp powers off in 60 seconds.

4. Unplug the 2000i from the power outlet.

This kit contains:

• an NEC VT560 projector

• a T20 TORX® security key

• a 7/16" nut driver

• 3 TORX button-head screws, flat washers and split

washers (if required)

• 3 spacers (if required)

• 4 replacement tie wraps

• a Projector Mount Location Guide

Tools required (but not supplied):

• small wire cutters for snipping tie wraps

• a 3/16" or 5/32" flat screwdriver (for adjusting focus)

CAUTION

Complete these procedures only with the assistance of another person, who must support the projector
while you remove the original projector and while you install the new one. Otherwise, the projector may
fall and sustain damage.

To remove the original projector

Lamp Off Button

Advertising