Sony RDR-VX521 User Manual
To use the Rec Mode Adjust function
If the remaining disc space is not enough for the
current recording, the recorder automatically
adjusts the recording mode. Select “AUTO” for
“Mode” when setting the timer.
• You can play the recorded program by selecting the
program title in the Title List menu.
• When the start time and the channel or input source to
be recorded are the same but the “Media” setting
differs, the program is recorded to both the DVD disc
and the VHS tape.
• You can also turn on the timer programming menu
from the System Menu. Press SYSTEM MENU to
select “Timer,” and select “Timer-Standard.”
• To record a cable or satellite program without using
cable box/satellite receiver control, turn on the cable
box or satellite receiver and select the program you
want to record. Leave the cable box or satellite receiver
turned on until the recorder finishes recording.
• Even when correctly set, the program may not be
recorded if another recording is underway, or other
prioritized timer setting overlaps.
• Before the timer recording starts, “TIMER REC”
flashes in the front panel display.
• The recorder automatically turns off when a timer
recording finishes, even if the recording started with
the recorder turned on.
• The recorder does not record programs with Copy-
Never signals. Such recordings stop after a few
Recording From Connected
Equipment With a Timer
You can set the recorder to automatically record
programs from connected equipment that has a
timer function (such as a satellite tuner). Connect
the equipment to the LINE 1 IN jacks on the rear
of the recorder (page 13).
When the connected equipment turns on, the
recorder starts recording a program from the LINE
1 IN jacks.
Press DVD to operate the DVD recorder.
Insert a recordable disc.
Select the line input audio.
Set “Line Audio Input” of “Audio” to
“Stereo” or “Main/Sub” in the “Setup”
display (page 104).