5 passwords, 6 front panel controls and features – GE 0150-0255C User Manual
Temperature: Observe the unit's ambient temperature specifications when choosing a location
space. Extremes of heat or cold beyond the specified operating temperature limits may cause the unit
to fail. Do not install the unit on top of other hot equipment.
Moisture: Do not expose the unit to rain or moisture. Moisture can damage the internal components.
Do not install this unit near sources of water.
Chassis: You can place other equipment on top of the unit if it weighs less than 35 pounds.
Figure 1-1 Passwords
Changeable by user?
Provides access to the
Advances menu for the
Yes: See page 5-5
0 0 0 0
Restores the unit to the
8 1 1 1
A password is provided to limit access to the Advanced menu. It is recommended that the default
password be changed after installation is complete. As a security measure, store the password in the
administrator's secured files or in a limited access area. For instructions on entering the Advanced
menu with the password see section 4.7 Main Menu
→ Advanced Menu on page 4-13.
A password is also provided to return the unit to the factory defaults. For instructions on returning the
unit to the factory defaults, see section 5.6 Advanced Menu
→ Factory Settings on page 5-5.
1.6 Front Panel Controls and Features
Figure 1-2 Front Panel
1. Removable Hard Drive: Drives are removable for archival purposes.
2. CompactFlash Storage Card Slot: Used to capture, retain, and transport selected video files.
3. Record button: Press this button to begin recording.
4. Pause button: Press this button to pause playback.
5. Search button: Press this button to enter the Search Filters menu.
6. Increase and Decrease Record Speed buttons: Press these buttons to increase or decrease
the Record or Playback speed.
7. Arrow Buttons: Controls Playback speed and menu selections.
8. Enter Button: Confirms selection in menus.