Complete installation, Check that you have all of your tools, Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials – Maytag W10131619A User Manual
Page 17: Check that the dryer is level. see “level dryer, Read “dryer use
7. Attach door hinges to dryer door so that the larger hole is at the bottom of the hinge.
8. Remove door strike (E) from cabinet. Use a small, flat-blade screwdriver to gently remove
4 hinge hole plugs (F) on left side of cabinet. Insert plugs into hinge holes on right side of
9. Insert screws into bottom holes on left side of cabinet. Tighten screws halfway. Position
door so large end of door hinge slot is over screws. Slide door up so screws are in bottom
of slots. Tighten screws. Insert and tighten top screws in hinges.
10. Remove door strike plug (B). Insert the door strike you removed in Step 8 into hole and
secure with screw. Insert door strike plug into original door strike hole and secure with
11. Close door and check that door strike aligns with door catch (C). If it is needed, slide door
catch left or right within slot to adjust alignment.
1. Check that all parts are now installed. If there is an extra part, go back through the steps to
see which step was skipped.
2. Check that you have all of your tools.
3. Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials.
4. Check the dryer’s final location. Be sure the vent is not crushed or kinked.
5. Check that the dryer is level. See “Level Dryer.”
6. For power supply cord installation, plug into an outlet. For direct wire installation, turn on
7. Remove any protective film on the console and any tape remaining on the dryer.
8. Read “Dryer Use.”
9. Wipe the dryer drum interior thoroughly with a damp cloth to remove any dust.
10. Set the dryer on a full heat cycle (not an air cycle) for 20 minutes and start the dryer.
If the dryer will not start, check the following:
Controls are set in a running or “On” position.
Start button has been pushed firmly.
Dryer is plugged into an outlet and/or electrical supply is on.
Household fuse is intact and tight, or circuit breaker has not tripped.
Dryer door is closed.
11. When the dryer has been running for 5 minutes, open the dryer door and feel for heat. If
you feel heat, cancel cycle and close the door.
If you do not feel heat, turn off the dryer and check the following:
There may be 2 household fuses or circuit breakers for the dryer. Check that both fuses
are intact and tight, or that both circuit breakers have not tripped. If there is still no
heat, contact a qualified technician.
NOTE: You may notice an odor when the dryer is first heated. This odor is common when the
heating element is first used. The odor will go away.