Rinse screen with hot water, Cleaning the dryer interior, Wipe drum thoroughly with a damp cloth – Maytag W10131619A User Manual
Page 20: Removing accumulated lint, From inside the dryer cabinet, From the exhaust vent, Vacation and moving care, Unplug dryer or disconnect power, Clean lint screen. see “cleaning the lint screen, For power supply cord-connected dryers
3. Wet a nylon brush with hot water and liquid detergent. Scrub lint screen with the brush to
remove residue buildup.
4. Rinse screen with hot water.
5. Thoroughly dry lint screen with a clean towel. Replace screen in dryer.
Cleaning the Dryer Interior
1. Apply a liquid, nonflammable household cleaner to the stained area of the drum and rub
with a soft cloth until stain is removed.
2. Wipe drum thoroughly with a damp cloth.
3. Tumble a load of clean cloths or towels to dry the drum.
NOTE: Garments that contain unstable dyes, such as denim blue jeans or brightly colored
cotton items, may discolor the dryer interior. These stains are not harmful to your dryer and
will not stain future loads of clothes. Dry unstable dye items inside-out to avoid transfer of
Removing Accumulated Lint
From Inside the Dryer Cabinet
Lint should be removed every 2 years, or more often, depending on dryer usage. Cleaning
should be done by a qualified person.
From the Exhaust Vent
Lint should be removed every 2 years, or more often, depending on dryer usage.
Vacation and Moving Care
Operate your dryer only when you are at home. If you will be on vacation or not using your
dryer for an extended period of time, you should:
1. Unplug dryer or disconnect power.
2. Clean lint screen. See “Cleaning the Lint Screen.”
For power supply cord-connected dryers:
1. Unplug the power supply cord.
2. Make sure leveling legs are secure in dryer base.
3. Use masking tape to secure dryer door.
For direct-wired dryers:
Electrical Shock Hazard
Disconnect power before servicing.
Replace all parts and panels before operating.
Failure to do so can result in death or electrical shock.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Disconnect wiring.
3. Make sure leveling legs are secure in dryer base.
4. Use masking tape to secure dryer door.