Care & cleaning, Cleaning procedures, Caution – Maytag MAGIC CHEF CER3725AGW User Manual
• Be sure appliance is off and all parts are cool before handling
or cleaning. This is to avoid damage and possible burns.
• To prevent staining or discoloration, clean appliance after each use.
• If a part is removed, be sure it is correctly replaced.
Porcelain enamel is glass fused on metal and may crack or chip with misuse. It is acid-resistant, not acid-
proof. All spillovers, especially acidic or sugary spillovers, should be wiped up immediately with a dry cloth.
• When cool, wash with soapy water, rinse and dry.
• Never wipe off a warm or hot surface with a damp cloth. This may cause cracking or chipping.
• Never use oven cleaners, abrasive or caustic cleaning agents on exterior finish of range.
Broiler Pan and
Never cover insert with aluminum foil as this prevents the fat from draining to the pan below.
• Place soapy cloth over insert and pan; let soak to loosen soil.
• Wash in warm, soapy water. Use scouring pad to remove stubborn soil.
• Broiler pan and insert can be cleaned in dishwasher.
• Wipe with a damp cloth and dry. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents as they may scratch the finish.
• Glass cleaners may be used if sprayed on a cloth first. DO NOT spray directly on control pad and
• Remove knobs in the OFF position by pulling forward.
• Wash, rinse and dry. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents as they may scratch the finish.
• Turn on each element to be sure the knobs have been correctly replaced.
Never use oven cleaners, chlorine bleach, ammonia or glass cleaners with ammonia.
Important: Call an authorized servicer if the glass-ceramic top should crack, break or if metal or
aluminum foil should melt on the cooktop.
• Allow the cooktop to cool before cleaning.
• General --Clean cooktop after each use, or when needed, with a damp paper towel and Cooktop Cleaning
Creme* (Part No. 20000001)**. Then, buff with a clean, dry cloth.
Important: Permanent stains will develop if soil is allowed to cook on by repeatedly using the cooktop
• Heavy Soils or Metal Marks -- Dampen a “scratchless” or “never scratch” scrubber sponge. Apply
Cooktop Cleaning Creme* (Part No. 20000001)** and scrub to remove as much soil as possible. Apply a
thin layer of the creme over the soil, cover with a damp paper towel and let stand 30 to 45 minutes (2-3
hours for very heavy soil). Keep moist by covering the paper towel with plastic wrap. Scrub again, then
buff with a clean, dry cloth.
Important: Only use a CLEAN, DAMP “scratchless” pad that is safe for non-stick cookware. The pattern and
glass will be damaged if the pad is not damp, if the pad is soiled, or if another type of pad is used.
• Burned-on or Crusty Soils -- Scrub with a “scratchless” or “never scratch” scouring pad and Cooktop
Important: Hold a razor blade scraper at 30° angle and scrape any remaining soil. Then clean as
described above. Do not use the razor blade for daily cleaning as it may wear the pattern on
• Melted Sugar or Plastic -- Immediately turn element to Low and scrape sugar or
plastic from hot surface to a cool area. Then turn element OFF and allow to cool. Clean
residue with razor blade scraper and Cooktop Cleaning Creme*.
* Brand names are registered trademarks of the
** To order call 1-877-232-6771 USA.
Care & Cleaning