Maintenance, Oven door, Oven window – Maytag MAGIC CHEF CER3725AGW User Manual
Page 7: Oven light, Leveling legs, Caution, Select models)
• Do not place excessive weight on or stand on an open
oven door. This could cause the range to tip over, break
the door, or injure the user.
• Do not attempt to open or close door or operate oven until
door is properly replaced.
• Never place fingers between hinge and front oven frame.
Hinge arms are spring mounted. If accidentally hit, the
hinge will slam shut against oven frame and could injure
To protect the oven door window:
1. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents such as steel wool
scouring pads or powdered cleansers as they may scratch
2. Do not hit the glass with pots, pans, furniture, toys, or
3. Do not close the oven door until the oven racks are in
Scratching, hitting, jarring or stressing the glass may weaken
its structure causing an increased risk of breakage at a later
1. When cool, open the oven door to the
first stop position (opened about four
2. Grasp door at each side. Do not use
the door handle to lift door.
3. Lift up evenly until door clears hinge arms.
1. Grasp door at each side.
2. Align slots in the door with the hinge arms on the range.
3. Slide the door down onto the hinge arms until the door is
completely seated on the hinges. Push down on the top
corners of the door to completely seat door on hinges.
Door should not appear crooked.
Important: The oven door on a new range may feel “spongy”
when it is closed. This is normal and will decrease with use.
To Replace Oven Light Bulb:
1. When oven is cool, hold bulb cover
in place, then slide wire retainer
Important: Bulb cover will fall if
not held in place while removing
2. Remove bulb cover and light bulb.
3. Replace with a 40-watt appliance bulb.
4. Replace bulb cover and secure with wire retainer.
5. Reconnect power to range. Reset clock.
• Disconnect power to range before replacing light bulb.
• Use a dry potholder to prevent possible harm to hands
when replacing bulb.
• Be sure bulb is cool before touching bulb.
• Do not touch hot bulb with a damp cloth as this may cause
the bulb to break.
Be sure the anti-tip bracket secures one of the rear
leveling legs to the floor. This bracket prevents the range
from accidentally tipping.
Be sure the range is leveled when installed. If
the range is not level, turn the leveling legs,
located at each corner of the range, until
range is level.