Maytag MDG50PCC User Manual
113198 - 5
7. A program should be established for the inspection and cleaning of lint in the burner area, exhaust ductwork,
and area around the back of the dryer. The frequency of inspection and cleaning can best be determined
from experience at each location.
WARNING: The collection of lint in the burner area and exhaust ductwork can create a potential fire
8. For personal safety, the dryer must be electrically grounded in accordance with local codes and/or the
National Electrical Code ANSI/NFPA NO. 70-LATEST EDITION or in Canada, the Canadian Electrical
Codes Parts 1 & 2 CSA C22.1-1990 or LATEST EDITION.
NOTE: Failure to electrically ground the dryer properly will VOID THE WARRANTY.
9. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should the dryer door switch, lint drawer switch, or heat safety circuit
ever be disabled.
WARNING: PERSONAL INJURY OR FIRE COULD RESULT SHOULD THE DRYER
DOOR SWITCH, LINT DRAWER SWITCH, OR HEAT SAFETY CIRCUIT
EVER BE DISABLED.
10. This dryer is not to be used in the presence of dry cleaning solvents or fumes.
11. Remove articles from the dryer as soon as the drying cycle has been completed.
WARNING: Articles left in the dryer after the drying and cooling cycles have been completed can
create a fire hazard.
12. READ AND FOLLOW ALL CAUTION AND DIRECTION LABELS ATTACHED TO THE
13. For safety, proper operation, and optimum performance, the dryer must not be operated with a load less
than sixty-six percent (66%) 33 lb (14.96 kg) of its rated capacity.
WARNING: YOU MUST DISCONNECT AND LOCK OUT THE ELECTRIC SUPPLY
AND THE GAS SUPPLY OR THE STEAM SUPPLY BEFORE ANY COVERS
OR GUARDS ARE REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE TO ALLOW
ACCESS FOR CLEANING, ADJUSTING, INSTALLATION, OR TESTING OF
ANY EQUIPMENT PER OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
IMPORTANT: Dryer must be installed in a location/environment, which the ambient
temperature remains between 40° F (4.44° C) and 130° F (54.44° C).