Menu items n pip/pbyp, Ndual screen display – Sharp PN-E802 User Manual
Sets the display method.
OFF .........Displays one screen.
PIP ...........Displays a sub screen inside a main screen.
PbyP ........Displays a main screen and a sub screen in a line.
PbyP2 ......Displays a main screen which measures 1280 pixels
in the longest direction and a sub screen in a line.
Sets the size of the sub screen in PIP mode.
Adjusts the horizontal position of the sub screen in PIP mode.
Adjusts the vertical position of the sub screen in PIP mode.
In PIP mode, use this menu item to display the sub screen
Selects the input signal of the sub screen in PIP, PbyP, or
Sets the sound which is output in PIP, PbyP, or PbyP2 mode.
If the main screen is displayed as a full screen by the AUTO
OFF function, the sound for the main screen is output even
when the sound for the sub screen is specified.
Sets the position of the main screen in PbyP or PbyP2 mode.
Sets the position of the sub screen in PbyP2 mode.
Sets the display method when no signals for the sub screen
are input in PIP, PbyP, or PbyP2 mode.
MANUAL ....... Displays a main screen and a black sub screen.
AUTO ............ Displays the main screen as a full screen.
• When WHITE BALANCE is set to THRU, BLACK LEVEL,
CONTRAST, TINT, COLORS, RGB INPUT RANGE,
GAMMA and COPY TO USER cannot be set.
• If COLOR MODE is set to sRGB, the following items cannot
WHITE BALANCE, PRESET, USER, COPY TO USER, and
• When the COLOR MODE is set to VIVID or HIGH
ILLUMINANCE, GAMMA can not be adjusted.
• STANDBY MODE cannot be set to LOW POWER when
SCHEDULE is effective or when OFF is selected for LED in
• When displaying the color pattern, it is possible to adjust
certain items of the PICTURE menu.
Non-adjustable items cannot be selected.
Audio input from the HDMI input terminal is also not output.
Dual screen display
You can display the screens of the PC input signal and AV
input signal simultaneously.
Set this function with “PIP MODES” in the PIP/PbyP menu.
A sub screen is displayed
inside a main screen.
A main screen and a sub
screen are displayed in a
Displays a main screen
which measures 1280
pixels in the longest
direction and a sub
screen in a line.
* The currently selected input signal is displayed on the main
* You cannot simultaneously display the screens of signals
of the same type, such as two types of PC input signals or
two types of AV input signals.
* The dual screen display cannot be used with the
combination of PC DVI-D and AV HDMI or of AV DVI-D and
• You might infringe on a copyright of the author which is
protected by copyright law when you display the images of
the computer screen and television/VCR simultaneously for
profit-making or to show the image to the public.
• The screen size for dual-screen display is the same as
the screen size for single-screen display. The Dot by Dot
screen is displayed in NORMAL size except when it is set
as the PIP main screen.
• When dual-screen display is selected, the SCREEN
MOTION function is disabled.
• When dual-screen display is selected, the AUTO INPUT
CHANGE function is disabled.
• When dual-screen display is selected, the screen cannot
• When dual-screen display is selected, the INPUT SELECT
options cannot be set.
• When an interlaced signal (1080i, 480i, video, S-Video) is
input to the sub screen, horizontal lines may flicker. If this
happens, display the image on the main screen.