Installation, Hardware installation – LG GSA-5120D User Manual
• Make sure you have a personal computer with
an open USB port or IEEE 1394 port before
connecting the drive to your computer.
• You cannot use the FireWire [IEEE 1394] and
USB interfaces simultaneously.
• Power for all device should be turn off before
attaching the cables.
Connect the drive to the computer as shown in
1. Connect the USB converter cable [or IEEE
1394 cable] to the External Super Multi DVD
2. Connect the other end of the USB converter
cable [or IEEE 1394 cable] to your computer.
3. Connect the AC adapter plug to the power
connector at the rear of the drive.
Attach the AC adapter to the AC wall outlet.
4. When the computer is ready, confirm that the
drive is detected. And then, insert the supplied
software CD into the External Super Multi
DVD Rewriter and install the software.
Please do not turn off the drive while the computer is searching for the drive.
If you turn off the drive, normal operation of the computer will not be possible.
Please do not connect the AC adapter and USB 2.0 converter cable by any means other
than specified above.
Connecting to computer
To AC wall