Troubleshooting – LG GGW-H20N User Manual
Before Requesting Service
Before calling for service, check this list.
The drive doesn’t have power.
• Is the power supply cable from the host computer plugged in?
• Is the Power Connector to the drive securely attached?
The system doesn’t start.
• Are the power and SATA cables to the PC correctly connected?
• Is the total length of the SATA cable 20 inches or less?
• Is each connector completely attached?
Other connections may have been knocked lose while installing the drive.
Cannot Read or Write Discs.
• Is the condition of everything else in the system (CPU, hard disc, and others) as it
should be? (See system environment.)
• Does the CD, DVD or BD disc have dirt or scratches?
• Did a screen saver or other application operate while writing to the disc?
• Is there enough free space on the CD, DVD and BD disc?
• Does writing fail even using the simulation test for CD or DVD disc?
• Is the disc loaded in the drive with the read/write surface facing the right direction?
• Is the drive installed in the correct orientation?
• Was the drive or disc moved from a low temperature environment to a high temper-
ature environment? (There is a possibility of condensation on the lens in the drive or
on the surface of the disc.)
When you call for service, be prepared to give as much information as possible of your
system, environment, and the specific problem. (What happened? When? How long?
What was going on? Were there any error messages displayed? etc.)
Please Note: Since this product supports Regional Playback Control Phase II for
DVD-Video with CSS, a certain MPEG decoder card or Software without regional code
setting may cause this drive not to read DVD-Video with CSS discs. This Drive enables
you to change the regional code up to 5 times