Ironwood Electronics GHz BGA socket (direct mount) Assembly Instructions User Manual
Bga socket, Direct mount - hardware) assembly instructions
Target PCB with SMT pads
Angle wire elastomer
Round head Screw
Socket Base Assembly
(direct mount - hardware)
© 2002 IRONWOOD ELECTRONICS, INC.
Tele: (800) 404-0204
1. Install the socket base assembly on the target PCB with the hardware (0-80 screws and backing plate) provided (see Detail A for
2. Place BGA package (solder ball side down) into the socket. NOTE: BGA orientation on target PCB is critical.
3. Place the compession plate on top of the BGA package.
4. Install the socket top assembly on to the socket base assembly and swivel to lock into the position.
5. Turn the compression screw clockwise, until it makes contact with the compression plate or the BGA package.
6. Turn an additional 1/8th of a turn.
Tooling holes have to be designed into the target PCB for this version of the GHz BGA socket
Filename: GTB.mcd, Rev A, 3/25/02
Page 1 of 2