Ironwood Electronics GHZ BGA Socket (Surface Mount) Assembly Instructions User Manual
Bga socket, Surface mount) assembly instructions
Socket Base Assembly
Target PCB with SMT pads
© 2000 IRONWOOD ELECTRONICS, INC.
Tele: (800) 404-0204
1. Reflow Socket Base assembly to the target PCB (see page 2 for reflow profile).
2. Place the square piece of elastomer provided into the socket base (rotation and 'side up' orientation are not critical).
Adjust the elastomer to sit into the alignment plate cavity.
4. Place BGA package (solder ball side down) into the socket. NOTE: BGA orientation on target PCB is critical.
5. Place the compession plate (if required*) on top of the BGA package.
6. Install the socket top assembly with the hardware provided (four 0-80 screws).
7. Turn the compression screw clockwise, until it makes contact with the compression plate or the BGA package.
8. Turn an additional quarter-turn.
*Ironwood Electronics technical staff will determine (from your package spec) if a compression or alignment plate is required
page 1 of 2
Filename: HSI.mcd, Rev A, 1/18/00, IP