Net Optics iLink Agg xStream User Manual
Quick install guide ilink agg xstream, Ilink agg, Rack mounting ilink agg xstream
Connect DC Power
For DC powered models, you must supply your own power
cables and one Phillips screwdriver. DC power cables must
have a wire gauge of at least 16 AWG and a 72 VDC, 6A rating.
Remove the protective covers from the DC power terminal
blocks. Use the Phillips screwdriver to tighten the connections.
Caution: Always connect the earth electrical grounds first, and
keep the earth grounds connected whenever you are working
on the device.
1. Connect a ground wire from the chassis ground to the rack.
2. Connect one end of another ground wire at the ground
connector at Power 1 on the device chassis. Then connect
the other end of the ground wire to the ground connection at
the DC power source.
3. Connect the negative (– 48VDC) side of a DC power cable
to the Power 1 terminal on the chassis, labeled with the
minus symbol (–), and connect the positive (0V) side of the
DC power cable to the Power 1 terminal labeled with the
plus symbol (+). The negative (minus symbol) terminal is in
the center, and the plus terminal is to the right.
4. Connect the other ends of the negative side and the
positive sides of the DC cable to the negative and positive
connectors of the power source.
5. If you want to connect to redundant power, repeat steps
2 and 3 for Power 2 and then connect the other ends to a
separate power source.
Caution: If possible, turn off the power to the power sources
while you are making the above connections.
Note: Be sure to connect the positive sides of the cables to the
positive sides of the power sources, and the negative sides of
the power cables to the negative sides of the power sources.
The two power LEDs on the front panel light up to indicate that
both power sources are on.
Quick Install Guide
iLink Agg xStream™
Unpacking and Inspection
Carefully unpack iLink Agg xStream and retain materials for later
use. Check the packing slip against parts received. If any part
is missing or damaged, contact Net Optics Customer Service.
(Note: SFP and SFP+ modules are ordered and shipped
iLink Agg xStream product ships with the following:
• iLink Agg xStream software
• (1) xStream device
• (2) Power cords
• (1) Cable, 3 Meter, RJ45, CAT 5e 4-Pair
• (1) DB9 to RJ45 cable, 6 ft.
• Screws and washers for mounting the device
• iLink Agg xStream Quick Install Guide (this document)
• (1) CD containing the xStream Family User Guide and
xStream Family CLI Reference
• Registration instructions
• Service Plan Reference Guide
• Extended Warranty, if purchased
Rack Mounting iLink Agg xStream
iLink Agg xStream is designed to mount in a 19-inch rack,
occupying 1U of height. Slide the chassis into the rack and
fasten it in place at the front panel ears using the supplied
screws and washers.
Ground the chassis to the rack by connecting a 14 AWG ground
wire with a #8 ring lug to the ground connection on the rear of
the chassis. Terminate the other end of the ground wire to the
rack ground bus bar.
Connect AC Power
If you are installing the appliance with AC connectors:
1. Connect one of the AC power cords to one of the AC power
connectors on the rear panel.
2. Plug the other end of the cord into an AC power circuit.
3. For redundant power, connect the other AC power cord to the
other AC power connector on the rear panel.
4. Plug the other end of the cord into a different AC power
© 2013 by Net Optics, Inc. Net Optics® is a registered trademark of Net Optics, Inc. iLink Agg xStream
is a trademark of Net Optics, Inc.
800-0137-002 Rev E PUBLAXQ 06/13
24 Network/Monitor Ports