Threading the upper thread – SINGER 3321 TALENT User Manual
Threading the Upper Thread
This is a simple operation but it is important to carry out correctly
as by not doing so
- Start by raising the needle to its highest point (1), and
continue turning the handwheel counterclockwise until the
needle just slightly begins to descend. Raise the presser
foot to release the tension discs.
For safety, it is strongly suggested you turn off the
power before threading.
- Lift up the spool pin. Place the spool of thread on the
holder with the thread coming off the spool as shown. For
small thread spools, place small side of spool holder next
to spool. (2)
- Draw thread from spool through the upper thread guide (3)
and pulling thread through pre-tension spring as illustrated.
- Thread tension module by leading thread down right
channel and up left channel. (5) During this process it is
helpful to hold the thread between the spool and thread
- At the top of this movement pass thread from right to left
through the slotted eye of the take-up lever and then
downwards again. (6)
several sewing problems could result
Now pass the thread behind the horizontal thread guide,
and then behind the thin wire needle clamp guide (7) and
then down to the needle which should be threaded from
front to back.
- Pull about 6-8 inches of thread to the rear beyond the needle
eye. Trim thread to length with built in thread cutter. (8)