Buttonholes – SINGER 3321 TALENT User Manual
1. Take off the all purpose foot and attach the buttonhole foot.
Adjust the Stitch Length Dial in the "
" to set stitch density.
Density varies according to the fabric.
Always test sew a buttonhole on the fabric you are using to
sew the buttonhole.
Follow the 4-step sequence changing from one step to
another with the Pattern Selector Dial. When moving from
step to step through the buttonhole process, be sure that the
needle is raised before turning the Pattern Selector Dial to
the next step. Take care not to sew too many stitches in
steps 1 and 3. Use seam ripper and cut buttonhole open
from both ends towards the middle.
- Slightly reducing upper thread tension will produce better
- Use a stabilizer for fine or stretchy fabrics.
- It is advisable to use heavy thread or cord for stretch or knit
fabrics. The zig-zag should sew over the heavy thread or
2. Measure diameter and thickness of button and add 0.3 cm
(1/8") for bar tacks to obtain correct buttonhole length; mark
buttonhole length on fabric (a).
3. Place fabric under the foot, so that marking on the
buttonhole foot aligns with starting marking on fabric.
Lower the foot, so that the buttonhole center line marked
on the fabric aligns with the center of the buttonhole foot (b).
Set the stitch width at "6". The width however may need to be
adjusted according to the project, sew a test first to determine