Basic stitch types, 4 thread overlook mock safety stitch, Wide 3 thread overlook stitch – SINGER 14U244 User Manual
Page 21: Narrow 3 thread overlook stitch, How to adjust thread tension, Wide 3 thread overlock stitch
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
BASIC STITCH TYPES
4 THREAD OVERLOOK MOCK
This machine is a four-thread overlook that uses
two needles and two loopers to create a 5.7mm
(7/32 inch) wide four-thread mock safety stitch.
• WIDE 3 THREAD OVERLOOK STITCH
* When the right needle is removed a wide 5.7mm
(7/32 inch) three-thread stitch is sewn.
• NARROW 3 THREAD OVERLOOK STITCH
* When the left needle is removed a narrow 3.5mm
(9/64 inch) wide three-thread stitch is sewn.
Note: The stitch width can be increased by adjust
ing the knife (page 25).
The left needle stitch width can be in
creased from 5.7mm (7/32inch) to 7.2mm
- The right needle stitch width can be in
creased from 3.5mm (9/64inch) to 5.0mm
HOW TO ADJUST THREAD
* The thread tension dials on this machine are a one-
* As the number increases on the dial the thread
tension becomes tighter.
0 = lowest tension
9 = highest tension
* Be sure the machine is correctly threaded other
wise proper thread tension cannot be obtained.
* When making adjustments to balance the tensions,
it is recommended that
1) Adjustments be made in no greater than half
a number at a time.
2) Sew a test sample after each adjustment.
Current Setting is 114.
Adjustment would be to 1 or 2
for turn adjustment.