Cautions on handling, About the remote control, Inserting the batteries – Marantz PM8004 User Manual
Page 6: Operating range of the remote control
Cautions on handling
• Before turning the power switch on
Check once again that all connections are correct and that there are
no problems with the connection cables.
• Power is supplied to some of the circuitry even when the unit is set
to the standby mode. When leaving home for long periods of time,
be sure to unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
• About condensation
If there is a major difference in temperature between the inside
of the unit and the surroundings, condensation may form on parts
inside the unit, causing the unit to fail to operate properly.
If this happens, let the unit sit for an hour or two with the power off
and wait until there is little difference in temperature before using
• Cautions on using mobile phones
Using a mobile phone near this unit may result in noise. If that
occurs, move the mobile phone away from the unit when it is in
• Moving the unit
Turn off the power and unplug the power cord from the power
Next, disconnect the cables connected to other system units
before moving the unit.
About the remote control
Inserting the batteries
Remove the rear cover of the remote
Set two R03/AAA batteries in the battery
compartment in the indicated direction.
Put the rear cover back on.
• Replace the batteries with new ones if the unit does not operate
even when the remote control is operated close to the unit.
• The supplied batteries are only for verifying operation.
• Insert the batteries in the proper direction, following the “q” and
“w” marks in the battery compartment.
• To prevent damage or leakage of battery fluid:
• Do not use a new battery with an old one.
• Do not use two different types of batteries.
• Do not attempt to charge dry batteries.
• Do not short-circuit, disassemble, heat or dispose of batteries in
• Do not keep the battery in a place exposed to direct sunlight or in
places with extremely high temperatures, such as near a heater.
• If the battery fluid leaks, carefully wipe the fluid off the inside of the
battery compartment and insert new batteries.
• Remove the batteries from the remote control if it will not be used
for a long time.
• Used batteries in accordance with local regulations on battery
Approx. 16.4ft / 5 m
The unit may function improperly or the remote control may not
operate if the remote control sensor is exposed to direct sunlight, or
strong artificial light from a fluorescent or infrared light.
Operating range of the remote control
operate the remote control while pointing it at the remote sensor.