Maytag MAV6057AWW User Manual
Check these points if your washer...
• Turn the control dial to proper cycle and pull dial out to start the washer. If
equipped with buttons, be sure they are fully depressed.
• Close lid and pull dial out to start the washer. For your safety, washer will not
agitate or spin unless lid is closed.
• This may be a pause or soak period in the cycle. Wait briefly and it may start.
• The washer is equipped with a lid switch failure detector. If the lid switch
should malfunction, the detector will stop fill operations for your safety. Call
• Make sure hose connections are tight.
• Make sure end of drain hose is correctly inserted and secured to drain facili-
• Avoid extended soaking – soak for 30 minutes or less.
• Avoid overloading.
• Be sure washer is leveled properly as outlined in installation manual.
• Weak floors can cause vibration and walking.
• Be sure rubber feet are installed on leveling legs.
• Turn both faucets on fully.
• If equipped with a temperature selector dial, be sure it is set directly on a tem-
perature setting and not between settings.
• Make sure temperature selection is correct.
• If Auto Temperature Control is selected, cold water may feel warmer than cold
water from the tap (see page 3).
• Make sure hoses are connected to correct faucets and inlet connections. Be
sure water supply is regulated correctly. Flush water line before filling
• Check the water heater. It should be set to deliver a minimum 120°F (49°C)
hot water at the tap. Also check water heater capacity and recovery rate.
• Disconnect hoses and clean screens. Hose filter screens may be plugged.
For further assistance contact Maytag Appliances Sales Company, Maytag Customer Assistance:
U.S. 1-800-688-9900 or Canada 1-800-688-2002
U.S. customers using TTY for deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired, call 1-800-688-2080.