Important safety instructions, Save these instructions – Maytag MAV6057AWW User Manual
1. Read all instructions before using the appliance.
2. As with any equipment using electricity and having
moving parts, there are potential hazards. To use
this appliance safely, the operator should become
familiar with the instructions for operation of the
appliance and always exercise care when using it.
3. Do not install or store this appliance where it will be
exposed to the weather.
4. Install and level washer on a floor that can support
5. This appliance must be properly grounded. Never
plug the appliance cord into a receptacle which is
not grounded adequately and in accordance with
local and national codes. See installation instruc-
tions for grounding this appliance.
6. To avoid the possibility of fire or explosion:
a. Do not wash items that have been previously
cleaned in, washed in, soaked in, or spotted with
gasoline, dry-cleaning solvents, other flammable
or explosive substances as they give off vapors
that could ignite or explode. Hand wash and line
dry any items containing these substances.
Any material on which you have used a cleaning
solvent, or which is saturated with flammable liq-
uids or solids, should not be placed in the washer
until all traces of these liquids or solids and their
fumes have been removed.
These items include acetone, denatured alcohol,
gasoline, kerosene, some liquid household clean-
ers, some spot removers, turpentine, waxes and
b. Do not add gasoline, dry-cleaning solvents, or
other flammable or explosive substances to the
wash water. These substances give off vapors
that could ignite or explode.
c. Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be
produced in a hot water system that has not been
used for 2 weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS
EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not
been used for such a period, before using a wash-
ing machine or combination washer-dryer, turn
on all hot water faucets and let the water flow
from each for several minutes. This will release
any accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is
flammable, do not smoke or use an open flame
during this time.
7. Do not reach into the appliance if the agitator is
8. Do not allow children to play on or in the appliance.
Close supervision of children is necessary when the
appliance is used near children.
9. Do not tamper with controls.
10. Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance or
attempt any servicing unless specifically recom-
mended in published user-repair instructions that
you understand and have the skills to carry out.
11. Unplug power supply cord before attempting to ser-
vice your washer.
12. The agitator should not be removed. If the agitator
is removed, it must be replaced by pushing down
completely and the locking screw tightened before
the washer is operated.
13. Store laundry aids and other material in a cool, dry
place where children cannot reach them.
14. Do not wash or dry items that are soiled with veg-
etable or cooking oil. These items may contain some
oil after laundering. Due to the remaining oil, the
fabric may smoke or catch fire by itself.
15. Do not use chlorine bleach and ammonia or acids
(such as vinegar or rust remover) in the same wash.
Hazardous fumes can form.
16. Do not machine wash fiberglass materials. Small
particles can stick to fabrics washed in following
loads and cause skin irritation.
17. Before the appliance is removed from service or dis-
carded, remove the door to the washing compart-
Important Safety Instructions
WARNING — To reduce the risk of fire, explosion, electric shock, property damage or injury
to persons when using your appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following:
Save These Instructions