Operating tips, Detergent, Loading – Maytag PAVT915AWW User Manual
Page 8: Additional tips
Cycles, options, lights
What can & cannot be
Controls at a glance
Dryer Exhaust tips
Care & Cleaning
Service & Warranty
Storing the washer
• Use either liquid or granular laundry detergent. For
best results, be sure detergent is added to the
washer BEFORE the load and be sure the wash
water is above 60
• Use the correct amount of detergent for the load size,
soil level and water conditions. Use more detergent if
you have hard water and very soiled loads.
If you have soft water or a lightly soiled load, use less
detergent. (See manufacturer’s instructions.)
• Wipe up any detergent spills on the washer.
• For best results add the detergent to the washtub
before adding the load.
• Put dry, unfolded clothes loosely in the tub, up to the
top row of holes for a maximum load.
• Do not wrap large items like sheets around the
• Mix large and small items for best circulation. Wash
bulky items like blankets separately.
• When laundering wrinkle-free items or items of
delicate construction, washable woolens or loosely
knit items, never use less than the MEDIUM water
level setting. This will minimize shrinkage, wrinkling
and pulling of seams.
• Close lid carefully to avoid slamming.
• During the spin, it is possible for the load to become
unevenly distributed in the tub. If this happens, push
in the control dial, open the lid, redistribute the load,
close the lid and restart the washer. The spin will
resume at the point it was interrupted.
• The washer will pause briefly throughout each cycle.
These pauses are normal.
• This washer is designed so that it will not agitate or
spin when the lid is open. It will, however, fill with
the lid open so water is available for pretreating
stains or diluting fabric softener.
• If you open the lid during a spin cycle, the washer
will stop. When the lid is closed and the washer is
restarted, the washer will continue the cycle at the
point it was interrupted.